Surgery to open cervix.
I have suffering with lots of pulling pains and cramps for a while BUT this week (Thursday) the pains got so bad its waking me in my sleep i went to the doctors who sent me straight to the gyno department the same day. After many internals and scans i was told that my cervix is closed, they can't make out if its blocked or stitched and that i have been having periods but because of the cervix being closed its just sitting there. (not had period for 2 years as on mini pill and thought i was a lucky one). I have been told i will need to be put asleep while they operate and that its not a simple procedure and asked questions like do i plan to have any more children!? WHY? any way and that they will sent me a letter with a date for my op and that  it will be within this month. I am scared and very confused as i don't understand how this has happened! Has this happened to anyone? And if so what happens in the operation? Is it a speedy recovery for me?
If the cervix is closed and you are not having periods for such a long time, then as suggested by your doctors, you should get it checked from a gynecologist and get it open by surgical means.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi, I know this question was a a few years ago but I came across it as I have the exact same problem as you have described. I just wanted to know how your surgery went? I am awaiting my operation date and becoming more and more anxious.
Oh my goodness, sorry to hear this sarahrxox.  Did you also not have a period for a while?  When is your surgery?