Swelling in upper labia minora

Not sure I am posting in the correct area. I have had a painful swelling in the upper right side of my labia minora. It is very swollen and painful. I have done a search, but the only thing I find is for a Bartholin gland cyst and my husband doesn't think it looks the same as my swelling is on the same part only on the upper portion of the labia minora. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I have soaked in a bath and taken advil, but it is still hurting to walk or sit in certain positions. Thanks!
>_<

I hate these.  If cold is too uncomfortable, try a heading pack, the heat would bring the infection to a head after a while if it is something non-major and allow it to drain.  (If it is just a skin infection.)  Really though, better safe than sorry if you've never had something like this before.  The first poster is right, go see physician.
Thanks. I will call the dr tomorrow. I will try ice after my girls go to bed (4&5 so they still need tending to).

No pus, but 2-3 times larger on one side than the other. I'll let you know what the dr says.
well, first off, you ARE posting in the right place. second, it does sound like it could possibly be a bartholins cyst. in that case placing a HOT cloth as often as you can should help drain it. i have had a few of those myself. it could also be an ingrown hair that is now infected and again, a hot cloth placed upon the area should give relief. you said its on one side so i wouldnt think any type of allergic reaction to detergent, soap, lotion, condom...that sort of thing. yes, let us know what the dr. says ok?
Hi...It could be a number of things...it could be a cyst, an infected sebaciious gland, an abcess or anything.  This may be a gross thing to ask, but is there puss coming out of it?  Is the swelling hard?   The only way to know what it is for sure is go to a doctor, so i would make an appointment sooner rather than later.  Also, for the pain, ice might help as well as the advil you're already taking.  Put some ice into a zip loc bag or a latex glove (provided you're not allergic to latex) and tie it off.  Sit on the ice for 15-20 minutes at a time.  I know it won't look realy attractive....but who the hec cares about appearances when you're in pain! :)  I hope this helps some.
I did a search, since I have the exact same symptom (only left side).  What did you doctor say?
Sorry.  I should proofread better.  What I meant was, that my search found your question.  What did your doctor tell you?  I need to know how worried to be.  Thanks.