Swollen axillary lymph node

Recently I had a whole breast ultrasound and mammogram.  The doctor found a swollen axillary lymph node and suspects it's cancer.  As a result, she wants me to have an MRI.  I had a flu shot the day before my breast exam.  The site of the shot is about three inches from the swollen node, and the swelling has almost receded entirely.  My question:  could the flu shot be the culprit?  In other words, could it be the cause of the swollen node?  I suspect so.
I had a similar experience, but I had the mammogram before the flu shot. The doctor did find some clusted microcalcifications but did not mention any lymph node swellings.  Then the next day, I had a flu shot and that night noticed a swollen (but not painful) node in the armpit of the same arm.  What was your outcome?