Swollen (sore) bump under skin by vagina

3 days ago I woke up without the bump, but throughout the day the area around the left side of my vagina became increasingly sore. It wasnt till i came home that i took a look at it. Its a hard pea-sized bump under my skin, and can be pushed around a bit. I was thinking it was a cyst, but is it normal for it to develop within 8 hours? I normally have a bit of vaginal discharge, but it seems to have increased the past few days. Any ideas for what it might be? I don't think it is an STD because i havent seen my boyfriend since the summer... so haven't had sex since then ( he has been my only partner). Worried because it came so suddenly and it hurts when i walk (underwear rubs against it).

Sounds like an ingrown hair or maybe a swollen gland. Apply hot compresses and don't be surprised if it drains. If you are worried, you can see a Dermatologist. Not an uncommon problem, so don't be embarrassed or worry yourself too much. Good luck.
Thanx for such a quick reply! and thanx for the advice
Joann is right on. I've had one before-ingrown hair. Hurts though! Try soaking in a hot bath. That should help.
Hey just wanted to reply and thank the responses. I have the EXACT same problem as the first entree except mine is slightly above the vaginal area. The bump came out of nowhere! Ill apply a hot towel while I do my hw and hope that it goes down.
Thanx again:)
I have the same thing..... I get one every so often... my doctor checked me for std's and everything she didnt what it was. Ive now put it down to swollen glands because i cant think of anything else!

Does anyone else had more that one at different times?

I as well have had these swollen glands at times.  They come and go.  I did have 4 removed as they did not go away or decrease in size.  Since then they happen less often, but still do occur.  Unfortunately, I have one right now that is back in the place where one was removed.  Ouch!!
I also have three little bumps that are extremly swollen around my vagina that one day ago i started to feel alot of pressure that hurt so i went and took a look and there are 3 bumps, that looks like they have white heads, but dont pop...and they are also really hard!, any advice, and i have never had sexual intercourse..any advice
i have a bump right below my vagina, and i just found it. it hurts a lot, and i don't know what to do about it. i'm not sexually active, so i don't know what it is. i just found it like, an hour ago.
I too have had something like that but found it was a pimple just like you get on the face or so. Sometimes it will burst and drain, but very painful!
Hi i have found a lump it comes and goes, had it for around 8yr but each time it reappears it is bigger so went to the doctors and have to go see gynocologist. The lump is kind of in the groin (between my leg and the outer vagina area) the doctor has said it could be a bartholomew cyst. Its a cyst that sits in a pocket of the groin and when it swells up it drops and lays just above the skin and if pressed is very painful but it does not move around like some of you have mentioned. Mine usualy shows when i am sexualy active after a time of not being active, this time it came up and i have not been sexualy active and has been swollen now for 4wk and thort it best to have it checked. Has any of you been the same? I am gay so its definatly nothing a guy is causing to happen. Any advise would be appreciated.
I am going to have my bartholomew cyst cut open & drained tomorrow.  He is going to put some kind of stitch to hold it open so it will drain & not fill up again.  Wish me luck!
I also have a lump next to my vagina. It sounds most like sierra1218's lump. I haven't shaved in awhile so I really don't think its an ingrown hair. Its about the size of a nickel and it hurts really bad. I also had a lump in my face right above my jaw that was about the same size and also hurt a lot. That was maybe two weeks ago and it went away. I'm really worried about it and I'm thinking about going to the gynecologist.
I also have a pea size lump on the left side under the skin of my vagina .. i ma onli 14 and very worried .. is it any thing serious you think ? .. i am not sexualy active so its nothing to do with sexual infections or anything dont think .... im thinking of going to doctors ... what should i do . please help :( .. x
Well i just want to let you know that you should deffa not worry too much about it!.. I had got one of these a few times and the first time it freaked me WAYYY out!...but honestly it's just from shaving and wearing clothes that are tight or that rub up against the irritated area you know what i mean .. you can soak in a super super hot bath and then pop it and it should go away .. might come back sometime by the same reason or if you have sex the same day you shave that's how i got my first one but trust me it aint nothing to freak out aBOuT liKe that though i think you will be just fine .. Oh and if you pop it make sure you put a really hot rag on it afterwards clean it up good and juss put antibiotic cream on it and when you wake up it should be as good as gone!
I have a pea sized lump on the left side of my vagina as well. It is painfully if I squeeze it and around the lump my vagina feels bruised. The pain goes out from the lump to the outer groin and beginning of the leg...So it could be linked to glands in the groin.

I also shave regularly in that area too so it could be either a swollen gland or ingrown hair (I really hope you can't get an abscess in that region) :S
I just went to the docs today. I thought I either had pulled my groin or had a hernia. My lump is about 2.3 cm on the left lower side of the vaginal area near my leg. The doc said that it was a swollen gland in the groin. He out me on some anti biotics and hopefully within the next 3-4 days the pain will go away.
I regularly get these lumps & have 2go 2the hospital 2have them drained my doctor diagnosed Hidradenitis suppurativa its a rare enough skin condition well maybe not as rare as 1st thought I've been researching it & it seems there are many sufferers world wide not a lot is known about it but acne tabs & antibacterial soaps can help I actually have 1 now at the moment was ere lookin up ways 2make it go away without surgery as I cant take time off work & would need bout 3wks off & also coming up 2xmas its awkward  
i have alot of smooth bumps in my vagina, but like the other women they have a white head, like a pimple, they are painful, and when i pee i get a burning sensation that hurts so much.
please help
i had that in october but i didnt think anything about it and thought with a bit of cream it would go away. If it is hurting when you pea go straight to a phemist and ask for internal thrush tablets and cream, even though it may not be thrush now it prevents it. When i went to the doctor with my symptoms he gave me those straight away. The Doc said anytime it burns when you pea just pop one in (to be grose plus it doesnt hurt or feel uncomfortable) but honeslty i swear by them they solve alot of problems, and for the ladies who have the spot things, there actually a type of wart, not a sexually transited one but one that normally occurs in children, Doc says alot of women who use Sanitary Towels suffer from them, you can treat them with all sorts but they just keep cuming back my advise is go to you doc try get a female, show her the wart(s) and she will freeze it off, and i swear im a baby with pain but i didn't feel a thing.
Hope this helps ladies,
Audrey (",)
I'm only 15 and deathly scared. I have a lump like under the skin inside m vagina ( like on the inner lip) and its like the size of small cherry. It's been a little uncofortable but i never noticed until i touched my accident. I looked and saw it and freaked out. I don't want ot just wait because i'm scared but I really rather not tell my mother nor show a doctor. And even if I wanted to go tot he doctor, i'd have to tell my mom. can this be really serious? how long should i wait before i tell someone? it doesn't hurt unless i like squeeze it, its more uncomfort, like i just know its there. Is there a way I can pop it or drain it? I know this sounds nasty and stuff but i;m really scared. And i'm a virgin by the way and havent fooled around in quite a bit, so i cross anything from sex off the list. Help, please.