Tips for not being so bloated

Do any of y'all have tips for not being so bloated right before you start your period?? Like a week before I become a raging ***** and am bloated so bad!!
I cut out sugar completely for a few days before and during my period, I get bad mood swings, bloating and headaches and this helps a lot (I know it *****, but if I really need a pick me up I have some extra dark chocolate, try the sea salt one, it kind of makes it taste like milk chocolate)
COMMUNITY LEADER
Don't you just love PMS?  Ugh.  I feel your pain.  Literally.  The best thing I know of is to drink lots of water.  It helps flush the excess water out. Try to exercise which helps with mood.  Eat well and get plenty of rest.  But women have to deal with this for decades of their life. . .  doesn't seem fair, does it?  I always enjoy, however, the week after my period when I feel so svelte!  :>)  good luck