Two weeks late on my period........negative tests...........

My period is two weeks late which means I'm 47 days since my last period came on. I took several home test and I also had a blood test done this past Wednesday when I was only 14 days late for my period. Could I have tested too early and could I still in fact be pregnant. I am doing no bleeding whatsoever, no spotting or nothing. I have been having some flu like symptoms and queasiness in my stomache with very mild cramps off and on. Can someone please give me your input on this or have someone else gone through these negative urine and blood test and later found out they were in fact pregnant? I'd appreciate your help on this.

Ms_smiles
Hi Wait until you are two months late,if you still have not started your period go to your doctor for a test.If you are not pregnant your doctor will then do more tests to see why you are not having a period.Take Care TNT406.
Hi Everyone, Just wanted some input on this. I took this E.P.T Certainty test today right? The screen said not pregnant, but when I ejected the test strip, there were two lines on the strip. I've heard some other people say that they were in fact pregnant as well with the not pregnant sign up and two lines on their stick as well. Has this happened to anyone here and do you think that I am pregnant and the test is wrong? I wonder why would it say not pregnant and there's two lines on that strip underneath in less than a minute's time. Quite confusing.

Ms_smiles
what a mystery. if you did have a blood test done which is most effective, the pregnancy hormones would have shown up if you were even at a couple of weeks of being late. i dont know about that particular pregnancy test but i would go buy a new one and do it again first thing in the morning when you urinate. i would think that you are not pregnant only due to the dr. taking the blood test and it being negative. or now that it has been longer since your period just go to the dr. for another blood test.
Thanks for your responses to my post. I have scheduled to have another blood test done. I still as of yet haven't started my period. No sign of it coming either. I do remember though that back in 2001, I realized I hadn't seen a period for almost that whole month and my breast had gotten so sore, I could hardly get out of bed, so I immediately went to buy a H.P.T, and it turned positive before I could pull it out of my urine stream almost. So, maybe I have to wait until right at 30 days or more late for my period to get a positive result. Right now, I'm at 19 days late. I guess my hcg levels just rise really slow or something, cause even then, when the doctor confirmed that pregnancy, my hcg levels were only at 409.

ms_smiles
I know what you are going through.  I am 17 days late for my period and I have always been regular.  I have taken two HPT test and they both came back negative.  Now if I don't see anything by next week I am going to call my doctor.  My aunt didn't show positive until she was 3 weeks late.
I feel so much better to know that I am not the only woman going through this. Now I am starting to have these terrible indigestion type pains and seems like everything in my stomach is hurting and feeling really funny like. Can't really explain it. My breast are starting to look different too tonite. Maybe the hcg is starting to kick in!! I won't be three weeks late til this upcoming Wednesday. Almost time for my next period first week of August.

ms_smiles
Well I had my blood test done and it came back negative.  My doctor told me to just relax and not be so stressed about it.  Around the time I was supposed to start my period I did have a lot going on.  I was very busy at work because I was getting ready to go on vacation, working two jobs and getting ready for a big family reunion and a big birthday party.  Traveling on the highway and preparing to work my fathers basketball camp the very next week along with having two of my little cousins staying with me.  So I guess I was really out of my normal routine.  I've never been so anxious to get my period. :-)  Hope all goes well with everybody else and they get the results they want, I did.
Thanks to everyone so far that responded to my post. If anyone else happen to read it, feel free to post as well. Kido, I'm glad to hear that you got the result you wanted with your blood test. I'll keep you all informed on how mine turn out. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

ms_smiles
ms_smiles, what is your status as of today? I would love to find out because I am experiencing nearly the exact same things you are... Today I am 19 days late--it will be three weeks on thursday. I've taken **gulp** 9 hpt's and they were all negative (beginning two or so days before AF was to come) and one negative blood test (quant.). I am to have another blood test this week, but I am not sure if I want to wait until I am a month late or not-- just in case it takes a while for the hcg to show up. But I can't help wanting to know now, ya know? :) I did just stop taking BC in June, so my body could be freaking out with the concept of having to produce hormones again, but I just don't feel "normal". Some queaziness, cramps nearly every night like I'm going to start- then don't, a weird shooting/burning pain in my breast and sensitive nipples, etc. (sorry if too graphic). My doc wants me to start a pill to "start me up" again, but I don't want to rule out that I am REALLY not pregnant just yet. What do you all think? Should I get an ultrasound? Start the pills? I dunno... I would love some help and feedback. Thanks so much!
Thank you for the update! Wow--- sounds like we are really having the same kind of things going on..I am sorry and I understand! I also thought that I just might have gotten pregnant in this time between periods and maybe I'm not as far along as I thought, too. I forgot to tell you that I also had the blood test last week to test my thyroid and that all came back ok. So, yeah. Here I am, playing the waiting game with you! Do you suggest I take my second hcg test this week or wait until next week for my "second missed" (maybe) period? My doctor is out of town, or else I would ask her.. but I like asking you because you know exactly what I'm going through. I hope you don't think I'm strange, but you are really helping me a lot. Thanks so much!
Hi Chelzers, how are you? Here is my update. Tomorrow..8-3, will be 4 weeks late for my period. This upcoming Saturday will be my second period being missed. I haven't seen a period since the first week of June. I went to the doctor today and he did an ultrasound on me and said that my uterus is in fact thickening, but he couldn't really tell if he saw the sac inside my uterus or not. But another thing I noticed though is that he did the entire ultrasound exam in less than 1 minute, so he probably overlooked a whole lot of stuff. From what I researched on ultrasounds, it's suppose to take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to do them. He said it could be that I didn't get pregnant back in June or the beginning of July like I thought I did. He also said that even when you're not seeing your period, you can still get pregnant when that egg decides to drop and be much earlier pregnant than you thought you were. That could be an explanation as to why the test are all coming out negative. Another thing, about the pill your doctor wants you to take to start your period again, it's funny you said that, cause my doctor gave me a sample box of those same lil pills today to take to try and start mine up. I told my husband I am not taking those things. I am keeping the faith that I am pregnant until some blood decide to come down on its own. I am still having too many symptoms to rule out pregnancy so fast. So, I feel you on that. After the ultrasound, he ran another blood test to check for thyroids. He examined me before doing the ultrasound and said that I definately don't have any cyst, so he said at least we know that's not what's holding my period up. My gut feeling is telling me it's a baby in there, and like I said before, I consider myself pregnant until I see a period and I am gonna continue to treat myself as a pregnant person. I'll keep you informed on my outcome.

ms_smiles
HI Chelzers, First of all, I am glad to know that I am of some help to you. About the hcg testing, I personally think you should wait until you miss that second one. That way, if you did just get pregnant in between periods, you'll give it that extra week to show up, ya know what I mean? But I just couldn't understand today when he said that the lining of my uterus was thickened, but he wasn't sure he saw a sac, so I might have just gotten pregnant as well. But, what's confusing me is, what could have held up that July period if I just got pregnant. I'm thinking what's happening with me is these doctors are not spending enough time on the ultrasound to fully examine me. He was only there like I said before less than a minute. From what I've heard, an ultrasound is suppose to take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to do. So I know he had to have overlooked something. I am even feeling lil fluttering in my stomach.........no joke. But whatever you do, if your gut feeling is telling you that you are pregnant, don't take those lil period jump starting pills. Just wait it out like I'm doing. If you're not pregnant, it'll eventually come down on its own. Hope I was of some help!!

ms_smiles