UTERINE POLYP

I am 36 yrs old and was just told that I have a polyp in my uterus had a hystosonogram. I have been dealing with spotting since February, had to go to a new GYN since my 1st gyn didnt seem to concerned with what was going on and simply put me Birth Control and that only seems to make it worse. Have to wait 2 wks to see my doctor to discuss what i should do. Ofcourse my greatest fear is that this could be cancer and will need a hystorectomy. I do not have any kids and wish to have at least one.  Also, the fact that I have read that polyps can grow back after you have them removed.

Has anybody gone thru this and how has it turned out.

Having to wait 2wks is really going to put me throught a wringer!
My dr found a bunch of uterine polyps and removed them surgically. They sometimes can be cancerous and yes they can grow back. A hysteroscopy is what the dr does, not a hysterectomy for this problem. They go in thur your vagina. No incisions are made. Cramping and bleeding is what can be expected after the surgery. You would want any polyps removed before you tried for a baby, they stop implantation from occurring. If you have any other questions feel free to message me and I will help you best I can. Best of luck!
Ginger
All of the gynecological research shows that the vast majority of uterine ployps are benign and are pretty common.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community