Monkey

UTI or Kidney Infect/Stones?

External User
I have had numefrequentlyduring my 38years.I week ago I developurethratoms of what I thought was a UTI, just like in the past,I immediately started taking Azo and drinking cranberry juice, which using works or at least decreases the pain.After three days of this my symptoms had worsened and I realized that unlike all those times in the past,I was getting no relief from the pain,I was/am Not urinating frequently And i am experiencing pressure in my pelvis/lower abdomen and urethra
It would best to get your-self checked by a gynaecologist and an urologist. If necessary an ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis can be done to make the diagnosis and a urine examination will rule out UTI.
Hope this helps. Take care and good luck.
You can take anti inflammatory medicine like Ibuprofen for the pain. However if the pain persists then get other causes ruled out. Cause of pelvic pain could be due to kidney stones, pelvic infections, urine infections, twisted ovarian cyst or rupture of ovarian cyst, appendicitis or any other referred pain due to other organ infections. Most of them may not show up on ultrasound. So get all these causes evaluated from a gynecologist to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.