Unexplainable, painless lump on ankle.

Hello. On my left ankle, around a year ago, maybe a year and a half, i got a small, movable, painless lump about the size of a pea on my left ankle. over time, it had grown, it is now about 1" by 1.2", still i feel no pain, although now i can actually feel it, and it has come to my attention that it bleeds when i attempt to buff it down. I have purchased various compoundW  products but i would like to have a more thorough understanding of this lump before taking any further actions.. Should I make a trip to the hospital or just freeze it off? (I've a history of cancer in my family, and absolutely no trauma to my ankle in the last two years. )
It is impossible to make a diagnosis on a chat board, however it sounds like a lipoma, which is benign. Bleeding is not typical, but happens with some of them. I would NOT freeze it off. The drill is to have it removed by a doctor. There are several protocols you can look up. Often they grow back.
If I were you, I would definitely have a doctor look at it, to determine if it is benign or malignant.  Since you know you have a family history of cancer, ANY odd lump you find should be examined by a doctor as soon as possible.
My sis just had a small, hard lump removed from her lower leg, and yes it was cancer.  See your doc.
Im only eighteen. My research tells me that lipoma is mostly found in middle aged people. Also it doesnt look a thing like that.
My sister's wasn't lipoma.  Worth knowing for sure.