Unusual spotting between periods

I'm 20 years old, and never spotted in my life until now. It's a very light pink and before I started spotting I had slight cramps. What do you think this is? Do I need to go to the doctors? Or could this be a sign that I'm pregnant? Please help.
I don't know for sure but I am going to go see the doctor. I just read on the net that sometimes it is implantation spotting and other times it is more serious. I think it would be wise for you to see a doc
im 20 years old i really never had a regular period this month i have a very light pink spotting going on im not supose to start my period for 13 more day ive been to the doctor they just tell me its bc im over wieght n losing wieght im not sure if i can have kids but i did have cramps before the spotting started what did you figure out?