Uterus/ Fibroid removal

I have a large fibroid.
My doctor has suggested removing the Uterus along w/the Fibroid.

Yet I see suggestions here - on your site- from Doctors to patients --
re: removing only the Fibroids.

1) Why is it that some Doctors say removing only the Fibroids is not a good idea?

2) Does this expose our Uterus to harm?

Fibroids are typically Benign, but I read heard that Fibroids are capable of housing Malignant Cells - and releasing these cancerous cells during removal of the Fibroid only --
therefore it is best to surgically remove the Uterus at the same time.

Pls. Help me understand!

This discussion is related to enlarged uterus with fibroids.
MOST fibroids are benign (non-cancerous). Less than 1% are cancerous. Unfortunately, too many women lose their uterus for fibroids and other benign conditions. Only 2% of hysterectomies in the U.S. are done for a cancer diagnosis. Even the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) says that most are unwarranted / unnecessary.

If the fibroid isn't bothering you too much, there is no need to do anything. Fibroids usually shrink shortly after menopause. Any surgery especially pelvic surgery has a number of risks. Not only that but the uterus has LIFE LONG vital functions - anatomical, skeletal, hormonal, and sexual. The adverse effects are long-term and progressive.

And yes, large fibroids can be removed via myomectomy which will preserve all those vital functions of the uterus. However, not all doctors have myomectomy skills plus it is a more delicate, time-consuming surgery. Time is money to a surgeon especially if myomectomy reimbursement rates are not adequate for the additional time spent.

I had a hysterectomy 9 years ago at age 49 and regret it every minute of every day. The problems just keep mounting. In addition to the loss of normal sexuality, I am especially distraught by the changes to my figure (my disappearing waist as my spine collapses and rib cage falls) and the ensuing back, hip, and rib cage pain caused by this loss of skeletal integrity.