Vaginal Fissures

I wanted to start this forum up again since our other one got closed. We were all wondering what is causin our vaginal fissures or cuts. They are like paper cuts and are very painful. I have recently gotten a biopsy done and I don't get the results back til AUgust 1st. Just wanted to keep this going so we can all try and help eachother.
I can't believe so many other women suffer from this.  It appears that yeast is a common denominator for many of us.  I have only had 1 or 2 yeast infections in my life and since I met my current boyfriend, I've had two.  We were both tested for all the STD's and they came back negative on us both.  I have used the KY and the fissures started around that time.  Could there be a link between the lubricant and the yeast?  I had a partial hysterectomy last year so I don't have periods anymore and am not on hormones or birth control.  I am currently taking the following vitamins;
Vit C - high doses
Vit E
Olive Leaf
Quercetin
Apple Pectin
Multi - no iron
Glucosamine

I hope this helps in some way to figure this out.
I too have had this problem for about the last year.  I first noticed it after I switched from the shot (depo provera sp?), to Yaz.  During that time also I was on antibiotics for strep throat and did developed a yeast infection.  I was certain that it was because of Yaz. I went to the doctor and she didn't believe me and wouldn't switch me to another pill.  I did see someone else and now I am on ortho tri-cylin.  They seem to not be as bad but still occur 2-3 times per month.  They seem to always be in the same 4 spots and after they heal it's like there is a scar there and then they reopen when irritated.

I have noticed that quite a few people said they they were or are on Yaz.  You think that this could be a connection to some?
I see theres also been a few people complaining of this problem who are or did take alesse birth control. This is my first cut (doctors are unsure whether its a cut or herpes) I have not yet had sex and have been with the same boyfriend for over a year, so herpes to me seems basically impossible. ... If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Also it it itchy to anyone else?
1st episode was over a year and a half ago.  was treated for vaginal yeast infection.  got diflucan and went away.  ever since then, these cuts or lessions have reappeared around vagina and upto the rectum area.  topicals i've used are dermaplast, vagisil, jock itch relief, and aquaphor-i'm told not recommended by doctor (but most effective?!).  most recent episode resulted in a negative culture-whatever that means.  my last pill was seasonale and that was over 2 years ago.  currently on no other meds (rx and otc). yes! crazy itchy.  discovered aquaphor because my son uses it for eczema.  it relieves the itch-again, doctor did not like that i used aquaphor down there.  discovered dermaplast in the maternity ward when i had my kids.  it numbs the area- relief basically.  thinking now maybe it's a dermatologist issue and not gyne?!  another form of relief is an ice pack- so soothing.
Ive been dating this guy for 4 months and have had tears 3 times. It started 4 days ago and this time is the worse. I am going to the doctor today about it. I put hydrocortosone on it, but honestly the cuts at the opening of vagina feel deeper. when I pee, it burns so bad. i keep thinking why is this happening. i was married before for 7 yrs and never had this problem. i know before this happe my skin was dry there. I also thought a soap had done it to me. i had sex 3 days ago and he saw the small tears. it hurt for a second when he entered me, but we finished our love making. it was the next day that i found out that it was worse and that i knew ok no sex until it heals. now its been 4 days and no sex, luckily my boyfriend has been sick himself. im worried hes going to get fustrated with this situation, beacuse him and i have sex everyday sometimes more than once. help!
Ive had this problem recently too. Ive been notcing every couple of months i get a cut or two that comes along with itching and burning. every time it happens i think it is a yeast infection and by the time my gyno gets me an appointment they have already healed. ive been with the same boyfriend for over a year and neither one of us has stds. if anyone finds a way to get rid of them please help
check this forum out within this same site

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/WomensHealth/messages/188.html

Blessings to all
well, holy **** - people who understand my pain.  this thing sucks so much.  i am totally convinced it's yeast related... i had this problem about 4 years ago - and then I went into a total remission - it was fabulous.  pain free, all day, every day.  had a yeast flare up and yep, it's back. feels like paper cuts everywhere. did canesten twice for the yeast -- it would go away for a few days and then just as i finished the meds, come back.  so today i got diflucan. owwwww. i haven't even told my boyfriend about this, or about the whole cycle last time it happened (was with a different boyfriend then.)  i did creams and diflucan and i don't know what worked, but suddenly i was cured.  and now i think yeast has triggered it back. i have another diflucan prescription i can fill if this doesn't fend it off, and if that doesn't work - i don't even know. I HATE THIS. please keep posting your updates ladies :)
I went to the Dr 3 weeks ago because sex w/ my boyfriend was very painful. It had been painful for about a month off and on. So I finally go, and right away she says, "you have a tear right at the opening".  She prescribed Estrace 0.01% cream and neosporin day and night, a diflucan because there was some yeast from the sample she took under the microscope and advised no sex for 10 days. On another note, i feel no pain, itching, burning, etc from this cut. The only pain i feel is when i have sex.  3 weeks go by, my BF and I have sex last night-It didnt hurt but it didnt feel normal either. I went to the bathroom to clean up and their was blood on the toilet paper.  I looked @ the cut and it was red and raw. Sooooooooooo im going back to the gynocologist on Monday. This is such a pain! Not to sure what the heck is going on. Below is some info on me?

Birth control-Midocon
Monogamus relationship for 4 years
Herpes-Yes, 1 outbreak that i am aware of. Confirmed via culture from dr.
Very stressed
Condoms-Yes
KY-Yes
Age-32
NO kids
Well like everyone has stated right when they get here, what a relief! I'm so glad I'm not the only one going through this horrible-ness.  So I started noticing this about 6 to 8 months ago.  I've been really trying to watch for "symptoms" for the past 3 months.  I noticed that I get the itching first right AFTER my period, never before and it usually happens about a day after the last day of my period.  The tears come about 3 days later.  Symptoms: starts off itchy and red a little sollen, then turns into cuts/tears.  Never hurts when I use the restroom and never bleeds.  Sometimes it happens on both sides of the labia majora and sometimes just one side.  I haven't been able to show my doctor yet because by the time I get in there it clears up.  Cali1975, I know in your last post you said you were going to the doctor, let us know how that goes and if they were able to tell you anything different.  I'm really interested to find how and why this occurs and what I can do to stop it from happening in the first place.  Here is some info on me:

Birth Control - No, going back on though (been off the past 2 1/2 years)
Monogamus relationship for the past 3 1/2 years
Stressed - planning a wedding
Condoms - Yes
KY - No
Age - 26
No kids
*Side note, haven't had sex since end of July (trying to make it special for the wedding night )
Its wierd actually...because we all are complaining about cuts...but not everyone has the same symptoms...

Some of you get them from sex... some of you get them because of yeast... some may have herpes... some have itching with other symptoms and some like me just get them for no apparent reason.

Its very strange to me that basically the same thing (papercut on your vagina isn't "normal" to me) is happening with so many other factors.  I don't think there is 1 simple solution to this.  I don't think EVERYONE is getting them for the same reasons.

Me:
Birthcontrol:  Nuvaring (been on it for like 3 years)
Pretty much single for a long time
never used a condom in my life
STD free
NO yeast
NO bacterial infection
No soap when I wash
cotton underwear
Age: 29
Cuts not from sex

Biopsy result:  dermatitus (allergic reaction to something)
Ok this is my story, I am 34 yrs old and have had a long history of yeast infections dating back to childhood.  Upon reading all of these comments I realized I may of had some of the symptoms that some of you have posted and didn't realize it.  I had irritated skin during my menstrual cycle around my vagina and anal area, I thought it was an allergy to pads.  I have not had a yeast infection since my partial hystorectomy in Dec of last year.  We recently went on vacation in Fl and swam in a heavily populated pool and the ocean.  When we returned home I felt like a yeast infection was coming on well one night I woke up itching so badly (Ithought I may have scratched myself itching in my sleep)and my clitoris and and area around vagina hurt and stung and felt and looked like the stinging paper cuts all of you are describing I just thought it was the yeast infection or vaginosis  maybe cause from the pool.  But its been a week of using neosporin and dreading everytime I have to pee (it feels like peeing glass it hurts so bad) and the neosporin doesn't seem to be helping.  My husband and I are very committed to eachother so adultry is not the answer I have not had any std's nor has my husband.  It really prompted me to look into this more because the neosporin was not healing this and neosporin heals everything!  I am really worried this is going to be an ongoing problem and I miss having sex with my husband I am also irritated because for the whole time my husband and I have been together I have had a 3rd deg cystocele and uterine prolapse so intercourse was always painful and not enjoyable for me, that is until I got my hystorectomy then I was amazed that sex was great  again!  But now this, I feel I have been cursed!  Any insight would be appreciated.  
I have herpes and had an outbreak in July. Me and my boyfriend waited about 10 days before we had sex.  It hurt a little bit that time and got worse and worse.  Finally I looked down there and saw what appeared to be a cut on the left side right at the opening.  My first doctor didn't prescribe anything just said it would take a week to heal.  Week went by...no healing...went to a gyno.  She prescribed the Estrace cream.  Today is my last day of it and still it isn't any better.  Me and my boyfriend have refrained from sex for 2 weeks now.  It's like how much longer do we have to wait and will this ever go away?  It's really really frustrating!
I also forgot to add I suffer from chronic yeast infections.  For suppression I take a diaflucin once a week.
Based on what I have read online and have experienced myself, I think the major problem is a skin condition, likely the lack of hydration, elasticity, and lipid content.

During my period (and right after) I think I wiped my skin a lot harder, more often, and more thoroughly than when I wasn't on my period.  I don't have a period any more thanks to a total hysterectomy but when I have sex, I wipe the entire area fairly vigorously afterwards.  The wiping dries out the skin and the toilet paper or wash cloth abrades it.  

Now add stress to the situation.  Under stress we are probably not as gentle with ourselves as we are under low stress times.  

Whether our hormone levels are low because of our own cycle, the birth control we are on, the fact that we are going through menopause, or we have had hysterectomies; it is possible that we are all dealing with hormone deficiencies.  Hormone deficiencies definately affect the elasticity of the skin, especially in the anul, perineum, and labia area.

Once the skin is aggrevated or tears, then comes infections whether bacterial, yeast, or fungal.  

Lutein has been found to promote skin health  by increasing hydration, elasticity and lipid content.  It is a nutrient naturally found in dark green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and collard greens, as well as broccoli, corn and egg yolks. Although they weren't studying the skin we are talking about, studies done in fall 2006 indicate daily lutein intake of 6 mg to 10 mg may be beneficial.

I have an appointment next week with my GYN and will have him test for infections, etc. but I am also going to increase my water and lutein intake to see if that helps and make an appointment with my dermatologist.

Good luck to you all and thanks for sharing your experiences.

For what it is worth, I am 47, divorced, living with my boyfriend of 10 months.  

I took birth control for a couple years 26 years ago, then had a tubal ligation.  Took birth control in later years for relief of hard periods; was probably on Yasmin for 4 months in 2004 just before having total hysterectomy.  Since hysterectomy I have either had no hormones or only .25 hormone patch which is next to no hormones.  No sex from 2004 until December 2006. Between January 2007 and March, I was having sex twice a day.  That is when the small tears started in my labia which were very painful.  The tears  in my perineum and anus area have only become a problem since May and have started to interfere with my desire to have sex.  They itch terribly and then after I scratch, it burns terribly.  I use Dermarest which burns for a second but then stops the burning and the itching.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been completely healed since May for more than one day.

Thanks for the thoughts.  I'll try the lutein and see how it works. I was doing pretty well, but this past week I've had a couple of cuts and my typical monthly migraine.  The interesting part is I'm still waiting to get my period after going off 10 months of continuous birth control (no periods).  Not sure how long it takes to get your period back, but its been a full month so far and still waiting.  Interesting that my typical hormonal symptoms occur with no period..as of yet.
I'm reading all this and wondering:

#1, do you all get these "paper cuts" in the same area EVERY time
#2 on average per how long do you have them?  days, weeks....
#3 if it does reoccur in the same area every time, where is yours? - mine is right at the bottom corner of my outer vagina skin area close to the anus

I have herpes, but know that herpes comes and goes....I've never even had a herpes break out, but have been tested and supposedly have herpes (hoping that I might be like the one lady who though t she had it..I'll have to get tested again just to be sure).  The spot has been tested twice for herpes and is not herpes.  I was on valtrex for at least a year and it was still there.

I have a reoccuring "paper cut" in the same spot and it seems to be there more than not!  I've had this problem for at least 3 years or so.  I work out on a regular.....and it's not sex related for me because even when I wasn't having sex for a long time it seemed to still be there.  It seems to just
ALWAYS be there.

It burns and I think sometimes itches but obviously not enough for me to remember to claim that.  It's not soooo terribly painful that I've sought too much from the doctor.....  It burns, but I guess not as bad as others since I've come to just live with it.

Dr prescribed nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream - relieves symptoms but never, never, never GOES AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like sometimes it's "inactive"...and like a raised scar tissue-is area.  Sometimes it gets really irritated and swells up around the "cuts", but the "cuts" are there.....

Do I have what you all have??
Hi guys, I am finally not overly concerned about this, thanks to reading all your stories but would still like to know if anyone has any theories.  About 12 months I noticed a tiny spot of blood after sex. Mild pain but nothing major, just soreness like when you've been too dry.  With a mirror, I finally found a tiny tear just at the very bottom of my vagina.  Have been to the dr twice and she doesn't seem concerned at all, but as you guys probably know, it's just a real nuisence and a real turn off in the bedroom.

The interesting bit is that a few months after it started I broke up with my partner and in the 5 months apart, I was seeing someone else and never once experienced this 'tearing'.  I got back with my partner again in April and straight away it started again.  Yes he is on the larger side, but we had been together for nearly 5 years with no problems, not sure why it started last year.  I have been taking Yasmin for about 5 years now, am a personal trainer, so sweat is my life and have never been good at coping with stress. Also have 2 kids 8 years and 10 years, had an episiotomy with one and tore with the other, but nothing overly dramatic, although have wondered if its scar tissue.

My tear heals within days with little pain but re opens next we have sex.  It does, however seem to be creating a bigger tear than it did 12 months ago.  Tested negative to herpes and yeast so its not that.  It's just really annoying.......any advice????
idk what it is but, i have 2 little cuts on each side of my vagina, and one side itchs. im a virgin. so idk what it could be, it dosent itch all the time, it dosent hurt to pee. but idk what to do, cuz i dont want to go to a doctor cuz its embarising so, do u have any hints of what it could be? the cuts dont hurt, they just bleed a bit.  i think i have what u had, but im not sure.  but will they go away without the medicine?
someone plz help. im kinda scared. im gonna die or something