Vaginal Gas and Fistula

I know that this sounds gross but if any of you out there have had this problem you know how embarrassing it can be.  I was told that I had a possible fistula between my colon and vagina. I went in for a test and my gyn inserted some blue dye into my rectum then a tampon in my vagina. I left the office and came back in 1 hour. She took out the tampon and there was no blue dye. So she said no fistula between the colon and vagina. So I went home and went to the bathroom. Well there was blue dye in my urine. So I went back into the office where they drew some urine with a catherer. There was blue tint to it. So she said that it was between my colon and bladder. So I went to the Cleveland Clinic and was checked and they could not find anything. They even did a coloscopy. I might mention that I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and my bowel was snipped, but my problem did not start until about 5 years ago.
I don't know what my next step should be. It occurs out of the blue and I have no control over it. If I am sitting up in bed and have gas it is clearly coming from both ends. You know if you have regular gas you would at least have time to walk out of the room, but with this you don't. I want to hide from the world.
Please help me and guide me as what to do next. I am totally at a loss.
Thank you
You've got to keep pushing the docs.  There is one girl in my group that has fistula as a result of hysterectomy (over 12 yrs ago) and also has bladder issues. As I said, mine was from forceps.  Just keep plugging away at the docs..you have to be your own advocate.  When you do go to see someone bring a list of questions and symptoms and have your med records sent to them.  Do not leave the office until you are satisfied with all the answers!
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
So happy I've found this site. Only happens to me, so far, after I've been  lying in bed for awhile, and either turn over or start to get up, and without warning it happens and last a very long time; sometimes for at least 60 sec.!
I'm a very active woman, I work and I'm still very active.
Please or to view.
Just to sum it up... ODORLESS GAS, not sex related= YEAST INFECTION?  Can anyone report back on this?  I will once I see my gyn
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
2.22.2012
What was the specific name of your surgery?  I've had "Varts" for almost a year now....and am so glad to hear there may be help out there.
Terry
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I currently have a drain in to alleviate an abscess...I have had fistula since 2007.
Search Living with Obstetric Fistula on that social media site.  It is only for women who suffer fistula.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
OH MY GOD, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE I AM ALSO HAVING SAME PROBLEMS HYSTEROCTOMY 18 TRS AGO THEY HAVE TESTED EVERYTHING ON ME AND NOTHING, i feel your pain i this
Please or to view.
did you ever wite to dr. OZ or the Doctors show about this if so  any answers?
Please or to view.
i'm pretty sure that it has to do with giving birth..i had a baby to months ago and recently i started having this problem never had it before..t's kinda of weird feeling but what can i do??!!hopefully it's gona go away..if not as long as it doesn't hurt or smell funny i'm not planing to go to the doct for this...
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Your situation sounds just like mine. Being your post was from a while ago I was wondering how you have made out etc... Is it gone? Better? Did you have surgery? I haven't had this very long but enough to do research & find this website. Thank you.
Ladies, so glad I found you all. I am 68 and this started for me in the last few months.  Very loud "varts" in accord with abdominal air.  No smell.  Always in the evening and yes, after I have been sitting for a while.  I have had no diet changes.  Don't eat soy product and haven't mentioned to my dr.  It's very alarming and for  while thought I was nuts.  At least I'm not nuts.....or alone.  I will ck back here if Iearn anything
All I know is mine have become so frequent at work after sitting and i have to stand up to talk to a guest, that I am going to start wearing a tampon everyday to stop it. If I cant stop it from happening I will just put a plug in it!!
did anyone every hear or get a response back from "The Doctors"
It's good to know we are not alone.  i can't believe the medical field is not posting research on this.
I experience mostly during pms, previous before my period. as many stated this has nothing to do with sex or having just gave birth, my children are adults.  i have experienced this for at least 2 years. thanks to all.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
ok so this has never been a problem with any other men i have slept with but with my current bf of almost three years i have never been able to enjoy sex fully becuase everytime i have a sharp shooting pain in my lower abdomen. i can only describe it as feeling like menstrul cramps. i am pretty much cringing everytime we have sex. can anybody tell me what the possibly could be? and does it have anything to do with this topic?
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Thanks for the info....will investigate further as surgery should always be the last resort!
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
thanks ladies so much for the post.  I feel somewhat comfortable that I am not alone and it is not something that I did.  I do not like saying excuse me, b/cuz I did nothing.  I just don't know what to say.  I will continue to pray and ask God to guide me.  I do thank God that He has already made provisions for this situation.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Hi. I put a post on in2012. I previously had tests and as no problem could be found I was told it was just one of those things. I have continued to have had problems everyday so today plunked up the courage to go back to my gp. She has today fitted me with a pessary ring before she refers me to a specialist. Has anyone else had one of these rings fitted and did it work.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.