Vaginal Gas and Fistula

I know that this sounds gross but if any of you out there have had this problem you know how embarrassing it can be.  I was told that I had a possible fistula between my colon and vagina. I went in for a test and my gyn inserted some blue dye into my rectum then a tampon in my vagina. I left the office and came back in 1 hour. She took out the tampon and there was no blue dye. So she said no fistula between the colon and vagina. So I went home and went to the bathroom. Well there was blue dye in my urine. So I went back into the office where they drew some urine with a catherer. There was blue tint to it. So she said that it was between my colon and bladder. So I went to the Cleveland Clinic and was checked and they could not find anything. They even did a coloscopy. I might mention that I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and my bowel was snipped, but my problem did not start until about 5 years ago.
I don't know what my next step should be. It occurs out of the blue and I have no control over it. If I am sitting up in bed and have gas it is clearly coming from both ends. You know if you have regular gas you would at least have time to walk out of the room, but with this you don't. I want to hide from the world.
Please help me and guide me as what to do next. I am totally at a loss.
Thank you
well there has to be something but when you get like a lotta air or whatever around there air can just sometimes go in there (that spot lol) but thats when that starts making a gas-like sound but you haven;'t went to the doctor since then?
Maybe it's not normal to have a fistula but vaginal gas is normal and natural and if you dont feel comfortable with your partner it's embarrassing I suppose to an extent but I am 23 and young and if some guy is going to judge me on such a natural occurence that's his deal. Try a different position where youre not stretched to wide and there's not excessive pumping.  I know when i get air inside I feel sick and bloated it's uncomfortable.  If it happens I make a joke because I'd rather he know I didn't fart that it was from air from having too much sex. flatter him tell him it only happens when it lasts too long or there penis is too big.  How can he be disgusted then?
Thanks for your response, but this has nothing to do with sex. I can be siting just watching TV or standing talking with people and I just happens without any warning.
I can understand the embarrassment you face.  I've been having gas discharge from the vagina for the past 3 years, without the ability to control it or predict it.  I have not yet been tested for a fistula between the vagina and colon, however, the physicians say that it's highly unlikely as I have not given birth yet.  I am 27 years old, and have been very concerned with this issue, as it can happen as frequently as everyday, and can be loud, and long.  Sometimes, the gas expels for over 90 seconds or so, and is very loud.  

I was told by my gyn that it could be yeast or bacterial infection, however, the antibiotics only helped temporarily and the antifungal prescription did not help.  Over the past few years, I've also seen a correlation between gas in the bowel and from the vagina.  

I'm going in for a colonoscopy in 2 months, but it seems like ages, as this is very embarrassing in the corporate environment.  It happens that when I'm sitting down, the gas collects in the uterus, and then when I stand up, the gas is expeled from the vagina.  It is very disheartening that my gyn stated that if it's not due to a fistula, there may not really be a solution to the problem.

Do you have gas from the vagina or the urethra (bladder)?
Hi, thanks for the response.  It is very hard to tell where it is coming from. I would think that if it were coming from the bladder then I would have problems with incontience.  I am 57 and I hate this condition.   I had three procedures at the Cleveland Clinic one was through the bladder, then they looked up inside my vagina in which I have no uterus, then I had a colonscopy. With all of that nothing  was found.  It is very frustrating to me and embarrassing especially in a crowd of people.  There is no control as you well know.
Please keep me updated and I will do the same. It is so important that we find out with is causing this.
Thank you again.
I find I'm having the same problem.  I have diverticulitis and just finished a 10 day round of antibiotics but at first the Drs thought I had a perforation and might have to have surgery.  .  I had a Barium enema and  CT scan but the Drs didn't say anything about a fistula, which I understand is hard to detect.  I have a pain in my side form the diverticulitis and then I'll have vaginal spotting  (I've had a hysterectomy so I know it's not coming from there) and I'll feel gas in my colon but it comes out both places..really weird.   I'm afraid I'll have to go back to the Dr but I really don't want to have surgery..I wonder if fistulas close up by themselves??
I have had a similar problem for the past two months.  Mine started with a bladder infection.  I have also been to a urlogist and my internist.  They really have no answers.  But I wanted to ask one question of you all.  Just before expelling the gas I have a short sharp pain in lower abdomen that lasts only a short time but there appears to be a build up to the pain.  Thanks in advance for responding.
No, I have no pain before, during or after the expelling of the gas.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why the Doctors have no idea of what this is. Mine has nothing to do with sex. I can be sitting in bed and it happens. My husband just looks at me and wonders why no medical person knows what to do for it. I can pretty much handle that. It's when I am out in public and there is no warning thats when I have a very hard time. It actually makes me want to stay home and be a hermit.
Doctors, if you are out there please help us find an answer to out problem.
Hi. I have been haveing Vaginal gas along with some light pink discharge ( on and off)  for the last 3 weeks. At the start I had some sharp grabing pains real low down and thought maybe a kidney stone-s . Doing research I found I was prone for stones as was taking gega amounts of tums
( calcium) and drink lots of milk along with vitamins. I thought this was maybe from irritation of the urithra. Also If diebetic as I am gases can form in urinary tract because of sugars present . One remidi for the gas is to drink baking soda water, it helps with the gas in both ends ( as it too seems to be more presant if I have rectal gas too. I too have had a completehystorectomy/cervex removed  3 yrs ago.
I am 69 and through the years, have occasionally had this vaginal gas. I have never approached my doctor with this as it really wasn't a problem for me. Two years ago, I had a hysteroscopy for a D&C. The doctor removed polyps and most of the endometriam. The vaginal gas seemed to disappear. Just today I was surprised that after sitting at the computer for some time, I got up to go to the bathroom and I expelled a loud and huge amount of vaginal gas. Upon looking this up online, I finally found your comment board on this problem. I really didn't know it was a problem. Reading some of your comments, I began to wonder if it could be from the calcium I began taking for the last month. I had stopped taking it for about a year and just now started to take it again. Someone menntioned having taken mega TUMS. It seems like a possible cause as I know that calcium can cause excess gas. I have never had any intestinal problems or trouble with gas and bloating. I will mention it to my doctor at my next physical and see what he has to say. I will continue to watch your comments. I am also due for a colonoscopy. Thanks for all the info.  
The fact that the blue dye ended up in your bladder via your colon  suggests there is a definite problem, then The Cleveland Clinic didn't find anything at the time and completely brushed you aside! I would be seeing another specialist and asking for an answer to why blue dye ended up where it shouldn't. There has to be a breach somewhere, which is also possible for the gas in the vagina. maybe a small hole from the bowel into the vagina. Think of it, when you have a tyre puncture on a push bike you have to hold the tyre under water to locate the hole, sometimes only a pin ***** but air escapes because of pressure. Maybe there's a hole so small the doctors are having trouble locating it. Keep trying. Good Luck!