Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.7k Members

Vaginal Infexction???

I'm really hoping someone can give me some insight into this problem I'm having... Is it normal to have a yeast infection every month (anywhere from a week to 2 weeks out of the month). Actually, I'm not even sure if it's a yeast infection. I don't have any itching or burning. Ever since I reached puberty I have always had a daily light discharge (clear/white with no odor), which my doctors have never explained to me. However the symptoms I'm having is really just extreme irritation. It is very uncomfortable to just sit or walk. But it doesn't itch. I'd say its dry (almost chapped) and irritated with discharge. I thought that my birth control (Nuva Ring) might have something to do with it because I noticed that I was exhibiting these symptoms usually a week before my period and for at least a week after I've inserted the ring back in. Do you think this IS a yeast infection? And if it is a yeast infection, is it ok to get them so frequently? I'm concerned for my reproductive organs.... Thanks for any advice you can provide.
1 Responses
138725 tn?1278063590
A yeast infection would cause definite itching and discomfort it is completely normal for women to have a discharge which at some times of the month will be more or less.  My only concern is about what you call "chapped"  but if this is really worrying you and causing discomfort go see your dr, this is nothing to be embarrased about.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.