Vaginal Infexction???

I'm really hoping someone can give me some insight into this problem I'm having... Is it normal to have a yeast infection every month (anywhere from a week to 2 weeks out of the month). Actually, I'm not even sure if it's a yeast infection. I don't have any itching or burning. Ever since I reached puberty I have always had a daily light discharge (clear/white with no odor), which my doctors have never explained to me. However the symptoms I'm having is really just extreme irritation. It is very uncomfortable to just sit or walk. But it doesn't itch. I'd say its dry (almost chapped) and irritated with discharge. I thought that my birth control (Nuva Ring) might have something to do with it because I noticed that I was exhibiting these symptoms usually a week before my period and for at least a week after I've inserted the ring back in. Do you think this IS a yeast infection? And if it is a yeast infection, is it ok to get them so frequently? I'm concerned for my reproductive organs.... Thanks for any advice you can provide.
A yeast infection would cause definite itching and discomfort it is completely normal for women to have a discharge which at some times of the month will be more or less.  My only concern is about what you call "chapped"  but if this is really worrying you and causing discomfort go see your dr, this is nothing to be embarrased about.