Vaginal Itching

Hi, ive been having a problem for a few months now, i have been to 5 different obgyn's to find out why this is happening. I have severe vaginal itching, I have been tested for all STD's, and for a yeast infection. all negitive. then i changed all my undies and clothes to loose fitting and 100% cotton undies ( or none at all on) and i still cant stop itching, i stopped haveing sex, use cetafil to clease or just water at times. i have to literally walk around with an ice pack between my legs to sleep, and stop the itch...help me...should i see a dermatologist???
Ok Are you ready for this?  FABRIC SOFTENER.  Are you using it in the laundry?  If so don't and see what happens, it might be this.  
I had a similar problem, it felt like crabs or something crazy like that...(remember the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont HIgh? the boys visited a hooker to lose their virginity and got crabs).  Anyway, it wasn't but it felt like that.  I finally figured out the fabric softener (it was my undies) was causing the itch!!  How nuts, right?  I think it was Downy.  Sometimes it can be fragranced detergents/fabric softener/and dryer sheets.
Also-DO NOT SCRATCH!!! makes it much worse.
I have had a few bouts of a similar problem to you.  Also was tested for STDS etc - all clear !!  WE recently went to Malaysia for 2 weeks - and I had a shocking outbreak - itchy, red, sore - horrible.  It really put a dampener on parts of our holiday.  As soon as we arrived home I went to a different GP and he advised it was dermatitis.  I was prescribed cream which did clear it up within a few days and it hasnt returned - touch wood.  Maybe go to your GP and query dermatitis !!  Apparently it can occur suddenly as it did with me - also while we were away I was washing out underwear in fairly strong soap - this probably contributed - post me any questions you may have
Good luck - I know how distressing it is
thank you for your comment...ive tried EVERYTHING...i went out and bought brand new undies, wear loose clothing, no soap down there, i dont even dry my undies or even wash them with anything else....if it was an allergic reaction to something, how long until it does clear up, are we talking months???? i was instructed to put lotion down there....that maybe its dry.?.?.? im at my last wits with this, it will clear up and then then come right back....could it be something im eating??? or is that crazy?? i went to the docs again yesterday....they had nerve to tell me that its in my head and they gave me anti-anxiety pills???? what the heck is that about???? they told me it was in my head....i KNOW im not crazy AGHHHHHH
my first instinct about the dr. giving you the anxiety pills for the itching was like, WHAT? what kind of dr. is this? but once i calmed down, in defense of the dr. he may have been attributing the itching to stress. my friend broke out in a terrible itchy rash (all over body,face) and tried everything to figure it out. in the end, dr. concluded it was stress related. her itchyness has gone down considerably but does occur every now and then. are you stressed about anything? are you itchy on the outside or the inside? what about your toilet paper?
The itching is in the fold of the lips...stress...?? hmmm...nothing out of the ord. i accually have come across more stress in the last two days upon finding out my mother has breast cancer than i have in a long time....and im fine down there as this is happening....i did look at my package of pads ive been using (my whole life-the always brand) they dont say unscented but they also dont say scented either...so i went and got UNSCENTED and am now trying that....crossing my fingers...my toilet paper is unscented....ive stopped taking my birth control pills...they are a low dose, but can they be doing anything??? everyone says no but thats the only thing i put into my body daily....???? i will get over this!!! hehehe
one more thing i just read that you should finish a pack of birth controll then stop taking it...is it bad not to??? i stopped mid cycle....should i start again???
I just have a quick question for everyone..... this is the story: A few days ago I was in a wedding and for the rehersal I wore a thong (I was wearing white pants). Well the thong was too small, and I wore it throughout the next morning while getting my hair done and everything as well... I changed into a different thong for the actual wedding, one that fit and by the end of the night when I went home and got back into regular panties, it hurt. I'm pretty young (21) so I asked my mom and she said it's probably a rash that developed from wearing a thong that's too small.... has anyone ever expereienced something like this? and does it go away just over time?? It's not THAT annoying, it's just when I think about it then it gets a little itchy. I put on some mild cream actually made for baby diaper rash, helping a little, but has this happened to anyone else???
Yeah I had to use an icepack all of yesterday and through this morning to tame the itch!  I understand!  What I would recommend is this: go to wrongdiagnosis.com and look up "vulva itch".  You will find 45 conditions and 13 drug interactions that can cause it.  Print out the list, go to your obgyn and DO NOT LEAVE untill she has crossed out every single one of them.  You might need to see a few more docs before you can determine what it is, and bring the list!  Doctors dont think to look for everything, so do your homework.  I am going through the same process now.

Best of luck to you!
THANK U SO MUCH!!!  I honestly think it may be the fabric softener.
This past weekend i went bike riding with my little brother and I was wearing the boxer short underwear. The underwear kept rubbing up against me causing me to be very sore and itch very badly.  When I looked at myself down there, I was very red and sore on the lips and around the clitoris.  It has been 1 week and I am still itching!!! Can someone please tell me what to do!?!  I'm 19 years old, I'm not sexually active, and I don't have a obgyn.  Please Help Me!!

please e-mail me at ***@****

1 word - Pill!  I was on Microgynon for 2 years, for 2 years I had severe itching, tried EVERYTHING, icepacks, lollies, yoghurt, cold baths EVERYNIGHT for 2 years!!  I went to a naturalist and she suggested that the pill was the issue, I came off it and within a few days, NO ITCHING!  That was 2 years ago, haven't had any recurrences since.  Apparently, it was the increased Oestrogen which was irritating the skin.  However, I am on Dianette Pill now, this causes no problems.

I wish you all the very best!