Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Vaginal Odor

I'm nineteen years old and I've been having a vaginal discharge that is almost like a cloudy white or sometimes brown color on my panty liner or underwear . This scent is like a dead rat . It smells really bad especially when i'm in school and rises off my seat . The scent just perfume the area . I'm not sure if people around smells it . I am sexually active .  I would just like to know if any one has any idea of why I am getting such unpleasant discharge . Please share yual opinions ans facts .

Thanks in advance .
2 Responses
I experienced something like this last month i went to my gp and told me that the bacteria that produces viginal discharge was working over time in a simple way to put it. The doctor gave me some antibiotics and it cleared up pretty quick. They also did swabs for std's and things like that. I would suggest goin to see a doctor. Nothing to worry about and is very treatable
Good luck !
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
It could be bacterial vaginosis. It is the most common cause of abnormal vaginal odor and discharge. It is caused by a change in the type of bacteria found in the vagina. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.