Vaginal and anal tearing/fissures

For the last 6 months I have been getting tearing (look like paper cuts) in my vaginal area (1/4 to 1/2 inch long). I get the tears at least once or twice a week and they last from 2-4 days, go away for a few days and then come back. They continue to occur in the same locations;
1. Inside the vaginal lips on the sides almost always in the crease (between the labia minora and majora?)
2. Between the anus and vaginal opening (perineum)
3. Above the clitoris in the "hood" area.

This tearing is not related to intercourse since my husband and I are unable to do that due to the pain it causes me.  There is no real pain otherwise. I am getting some minor bleeding when I poop due to the tears in the anal area. The entire vaginal area is very itchy and if I scratch or rub the skin at all I often give myself one of these tears.  It seems as if the skin is very thin. There are no other symptoms that I am aware of.

I have had blood work and a biopsy done. Some of the things that I was tested for were; genital herpes, lichen sclerosus, lichen simplex chronicus, lichen planus, vulvar vestibulitis.  All results came back negative. The biopsy tested positive for "healing ulcers". My doctor does not seem to know what the problem is and is contacting a specialist in Lebanon, NH.

My Dr. prescribed an estrogen cream which did not seem to work. I have not been on any other medication for this. I am looking for some guidance as to what this condition may be and how to treat it. My husband & I want to get pregnant soon but I would like to resolve this issue first. Please help.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please look up "Jock itch in women" - that is what I did and followed a weekly regimen of using 1. Lamisel 1x/day, 2. washing the lower extremities with selenium sulfide (dandruff shampoo) 2x/day and 3. Taking two doses of oral anti fungal Diflucan.  I did this for one week and it cleared up - now I just use the selenium sulfide wash when I shower to keep it at bay.  I also got all new underwear, change my underwear every day and no longer use panty liners.  I hope this helps someone!
Please or to view.
Fixed mine!  Found my symptoms matched "lichen sclerosus", and used hydrocortisone cream (over the counter) for 4 days and nights, generously.  Today, I'm back to normal.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
*correcting typos above-- had this for a while, two years or so...

and

it's chia with flax and applesauce before bed
Hey, I read your post. SInce you get better using the magnesium powder why don't you try taking a Magnesium supplement? I was reading this enormous tread yesterday (5/31/14) and I came across this lady that had her fissures problem solved by taking that, apparently one of the doctors suggested that. I also saw something about vitamin C deficiency in another comment. Anyway, after all I read I head up to the store and got myself some of those supplements just in case. Apparently Magnesium deficiency is hard to detect according to this link :
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/magnesium-deficiency-symptoms-and-diagnosis
I'm also going to the doc to be tested for Group B strep, Lichen Sclerosus and HPV/VIN - those are other things that I read that some other people suggested and since a lot of people seem to have been to 3, 4, 5 and even more doctors that had no idea or were treating them for yeast and Herpes with no cure, I thought it will be nice to have all this info handy to tell my doctor just in case he is another one with no clue.
Starting on the supplement won't hurt right? I hope this help.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I am 41 and my daughter is 17,  we both experienced the same symptom with the cuts and itchyness after we changed toilet paper. We think its the chemicals in the paper they are using.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
could also be lichens schlerosis, I was always told for years that i was sufferng with yeast infections but it's lichens schlerosis.. my symptoms are always worse in the winter, I think it's because i eat more carbs like baked goods around the olidays. so i am now trying to eat gluten free and low carb, and i am taking more vitamin D, because we get less sun in the winter too.
Dis going gluten free help? Any other update?
i suffer with this same problem, i think its worse near period because we have a tendency to eat more carbs and sweets from pms.  i find that if i stay lo carg or gluten free and lo sugar or no sugar, i get better quick
Please or to view.
Have you found a solution? I am 14 and have the same issue
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
There is a cream but it is from Australia, still, worth getting it. Obviously not guaranteed but I came across it and gave it a go. It soothes the skin and almost makes the skin feel more elastic if that makes sense. Talk about the best thing I have had. Anyway, if you want to give it a go, it is called Skin Plus Relief Cream from a company called Kuush www.kuush.com Just beware not to use too much because a little goes a long way.  
Tell mom-she has been there done that and will help.  Or, ask to see a dr.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Thank God I'm not the only person who is dealing with all of this!  I've had this problem for a few years now.  I've had it when sexually active for long periods and when celibate for long periods. After reading all of these posts and doing some digging around on the internet, I have a working theory that it is low estrogen levels.  I have yeast infections from time to time (which can be caused by low estrogen levels).  I have Crohn's Disease, an inflammatory bowel disease, which is what I was blaming the issue on because I have more bowel movements and thus wipe more with TP and I thought that was drying out my skin down there and irritating it, but come to find out IBD can also cause lower estrogen.  In addition, it has gotten worse lately, but I have been running a lot and am quite thin now, which can also cause lower estrogen levels. I'm going to experiment with herbal supplements that raise estrogen (chaste berry, black cohosh, Maca, Damiana, ginseng).  I found one that has a mix of all of these.  Also, eating certain fruits, red meat, egg yolks, and soy can help boost estrogen levels.  I hope it works.  This really *****!
Follow-up from my last post, a bunch of y'all posted that it often comes on or gets worse right before their periods, which also feeds into my theory because estrogen levels dip right before your period.
This comment may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
I have the exact same symptoms! I have an internal tear, that tears back open every time we have sex and nothing so far has helped. So I'm wondering did the cauterizing work? If not, did you do the episiotomy? That will be my next step as well, my dr wants to leave it as a last resort cuz she mentioned it doesn't always work and may make the situation worse. Any input you have will be greatly appreciated because I've dealt with this for 3 years now and I'm beyond frustrated!
i get the same i found out that it was caused by toilet paper residue. It takes a few days of washing and it goes away and comes back the same day right after I use toilet paper. It really breaks up fine and makes its way inside and takes a few days to fully be washed out. It is hard to avoid since i am hardly home and stuck having to use public washrooms a lot and tend to run out of travel wipes.  
I use the same intuition shaver. I've often thought that caused it. I realize you posted this over 10 years ago, did the problem go away for you? I've been dealing with it for a year now.
I am 15 years old. I've never had sex, but I am experiencing the same thing. I also have excima, or really dry skin in areas(behind the neck, in the creases of my arms,behind my knees, and on my lower face). My doctor had prescribed me a trimcinolone acetonide cream. I started using that on the small cuts down there an I've found that it helps. It could be just me but it's worth giving it a shot.
Please or to view.
Did they check for vitamin December levels and signs and symptoms  of  malnutrition? You can get those fissures on the corner of your mouth also. Usually caned by some type of deficiency or change in diet. Some medicationsay can cause this also.
Ive had this problem for a few years, and lately I have gotten the cracked corner of mouth problem. I have suspected it is hormones or some sort of imbalances. What tests have u had or recommend?
I have this exact same issue. I'm told it is due to lack of hormones. I can tell you now that I have found something that actually helps. Apply a small amount of Organic Coconut Oil twice daily.
I used to have the same symptoms. I realized that having sex while being constipated,  make the skin in that area open up. Maybe too much pressure in that area? I make sure I empty my bowels before sex, and I haven't had those cuts for years!
I have the same exact issue. I'm 46 been dealing for 2 years. Frustrated and seriously depressed over it. I've tried everything except coconut oil or cauterizing. If anyone has a solution, please let me know. I know that urea plasma has been known to cause some issues but I was tested negative.
I often itch too but closer to my cycle time. Best thing that works for me is Vaseline it helps it heal fast because the Tears hurt. I would also change your soap too anything with fragrance may cause itching and irritation
What you guys can use is anbesol oral anesthetic/benzocaine regular stregth gel. Its not just for toothache etc.it is also use for the virginal area for itching etc. It works really well. Anbesol is surely a solution to your problems, apply only to the outer area not the inner virgina area.
Please or to view.
Yeah you go girl, **** the part in the vows that said “for better or worse”!
Dose this cause to have sex reason I ask because partner mite be cheating hopefully I'm wrong
Try to use Aloe but don't buy a gel. Just go to the vegetables store and buy a big Aloe leaf. Cut piece of it then cut this piece in half ( the way you would cut a Kaiser roll). Cut out the soft gel from it and apply to the skin. Aloe heels wounds, burns and even hemorrhoids. Maybe it will help you with those tearing problems. Try to avoid g- strings as well. I think Aloe will help just use it for some time.
wanna use this medium to inform everyone ,about traditional medicine. i ordered  for hsv herbal medicine from dr.***@**** email i saw in vegan post on facebook. And received it through ups within 5 days and used it as directed . in just 2 weeks of medication i felt relived, the inching suddenly stopped, the cold sore began to dry up. i went for a text and was HSV 2 negative . same virus the scientific researchers said no definite cure, i endorse traditional herbal medicine for all who are in need of alternative cure for any deadly disease that can cause .infertility and discomfort.
I know this is a really old question but no one  had mentioned that it could be a yeast infection. Take probiotics if you have dry itchy skin down there and see if that helps. Avoid alcohol and reduce sugar intake Until it clears up. And always pee after sex!
This could be caused by bacterial vaginosis. You can have no symptoms besides the fissures.

Also, there is not really a test for vulvar vestibultis besides the qtip test so I would not rule out that you have that. Magnetic Dilators can be very helpful at home for that.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.