Vaginal itching

I was prescribed penicillin for tonsillitis on Friday, yet by Sunday had some slight itching to my vagina.  On Monday I called the doctors and they couldn't fit me in so left a note with the doctor, the irritation was getting worse so I went to the Pharmacy, where the woman told me it was very likely to be an allergic reaction and told me to apply canesten. The pain started to become unbearable, with the lips of my vagina having swollen, with intense stinging. It is extremely painful to wee, because of the urine touching the sore parts around it. Tuesday morning I went to the doctors and she had left me a one use vaginal tablet, it said to be used at night, but I couldn't wait, so used it and slept all morning. The effects haven't kicked in. I have tried using yogurt to soothe the pain, but it only works on the outside of the labia. I'm in excruciating pain and I seem to have no clue what to try next. I stopped taking the antibiotics on the Monday evening, and now have a slight fever. Any suggestions on what to try? I'm taking cocodomol to help with the pain relief, but it isn't that successful.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there. so does your doctor feel it is a yeast infection (very common when we take antibiotics)?  The one time tablet you mention does take a day or two to work.  I would call your doctor back and tell them that you are still having symptoms if it has been more than 48 hours.  Take probiotic yogurt daily or probiotic supplements as this helps too.  Vagisil wipes help soothe too.  

I would reconnect with your doctor on this hon.  Hope it is better soon.  good luck
I went back to the doctors and had an examination. She believes it is to be herpes, so have to take a trip to the sexual health clinic and get a screening. The timing made it look like a reaction, but it most likely isn't.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh goodness.  Sorry to hear.  Good luck at the clinic.  We do have a busy herpes and sexually transmitted disease forums here at med help.  Come back if you have questions.  peace
If it isn't herpes, it is likely to be some other sexually transmitted disease (if it does not go away on it's own) I suggest getting tested. Best of luck.