Vaginal lesions

I am 36 years old and have had the same partner (faithfully)  for 11 years.  About 10 years about I started having these sores develop in my vaginal region.  They almost looked like little blisters.  I will just call them Vaginal lesions.  When they are about to show up the area will start to itch and burn slightly.  Then the vaginal lesion arrives there is considerable pain.  It will last for about a week then go away.  When they first appeared I would get one or two at a time then they would go away, but a couple of weeks later a would get another.  I was miserable.  Through the years
they have lessened.  Last year I only had one and now, about a year later, I have another. OB/gyn
HI DO YOU HAVE A LOT OF DISCHARGE OR DOES YOUR VAGINAL AREA STAY WET ALL THE TIME?IF SO THEY MIGHT BE VAGINAL WARTS.THEY WILL APPEAR IF WOMEN ARE MORE WETTER THAN OTHERS.ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF THAT COULD BE IT,THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AS HERPES,THATS WHY THAT OINTMENT DIDN'T HELP THEM.ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF THERE IS SOME THING ELSE YOU CAN USE,IF THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE.I AM NOT A DOCTOR.I AM ONLY GIVING YOU MY OPPINION.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
Wow.  I actually have the same thing.  I know how weird it is to have this and it is not herpes or vag warts. My ob/gyn was stumped also by this problem-The same thing happens to me.  I get the feeling that they are like little paper cuts all inside, and they are excruciating when you tinkle.  I have tried a steroidal cream, perscribed by my gyne, but it is messy and gooey, and I really don't like using it, because it doesn't really do much.  Do you notice they get worse before or after your period?  I know what you mean about feeling like, "what the hell is this?"  I am in a monogomous relationship for 6 years, with the same partner, who is now my husband.  This condition really has no "name" but it is not considered a STD.  I am also frustrated by the mystery surrounding this problem.  At least someone knows what you are going through.  If you do not mind my asking, are you a fair, light eyed woman?...I am and I wonder if this is not occurring in this type more than any others, like darker skinned, tougher skinned, females. I am sensitive to just about everything.
any chance these problems occur after sex?  Blisters could also be a sign of some type of dermatitis/allergy to condoms, foam, i've even heard where women develop a sensitivity to semen. Personally, I had one occurance w/a lambskin condom that caused vaginal itching, burning and swelling.  Also tampons, bath soap douches can cause reactions as well.  I cant use odor-absorbing tampons either..they casu itching/burning..I am also fair-complected and have sensitive skin.
Yes, I do have fair, sensitive skin.  I never tan and always burn.  I have to be careful about any products that I use on my body.  I can't use tampons or soap in my vaginal region, because of the sensitivity.  Urination when I have one of the lesions can bring tears to my eyes and sometime it is difficult to sit down.   I
I agree that this occurs hormonally, say, a week before my period, and always after sex.  My husband and i do not use any form of birth control, and we are quite careful about it.  My husband doesn't come inside me, but, I do agree with Holly, in that I  think the pre-ejaculatory, or lube, is actually an irritant-or this combined with the friction, and the alkaline/acid ratio.  My gyne prescribed "clobetasol" doesn't work really.  I think we should all, after starting our next periods, keep a little journal, or notes about when this starts, and when it subsides, what aggrivates it, and what keeps it at bay.  I think stress, is a contributor, but not the root cause.  I think it is possible to have very sensitive, fragile skin down there...I find the kind of t.p. I use is key too.  Often when I have a "recurrance" i literally need to use washcloths to wipe.  So I keep a stack of clean white, terry cloth washcloths by the toilet, and use those, and forget the cheap t.p. like anything that is very "papery" or rough is terrible.  Try the aloe kind.  I think COttonelle makes that one.  Okay well, please all keep this thread going, it is very interested to hear other's symptoms, and experiences.
Take comfort in knowing that you are not alone.  Keep your chin up.  Tell your boyfriend to be patient with you.
HI again all, I am really all over the board tonight, but you all should scroll down to the threat on "VAGINAL FISSURES" interesting because they are speaking about the same subject there as we are here, regarding the "paper cut" like sores/lesions/.
My cousin showed me this site and I am SOOO relieved that there are other people out there like me!  I hate going through this so much!  I am a flight attendant and have been staying in so many different hotels and wondered if maybe it was the different detergents.  I have little paper-cut like things too.  I even told my cousin that was exactly the wording I used.  My poor boyfriend thinks I am just having a nervous breakdown because I am always so stressed about work and cry because the pain gets to be so bad.  My Aunt works in my doctors office and I asked her if she knew what they could be.  She said she's never seen anything like it before.  I was so worried about an STD.  I just wasn't sure where it could have come from.  I am a very fair, light eyed, blond girl.  I am also really sensitive to so many different creams and detergents.  I have been using vaseline... probably a no-no... and a couple other anti-itch creams.  Which seem to help for a small amount of time.  If anyone finds out anything else... be sure to post it.  I wonder if we are the first to come across this considering our doctors are clueless...??
Hi all...yes, it is a good site, in that we can compare notes.  I really do think stress is a big contributor.  Some people get facial breakouts, psoriasis, eczema or some other "external" visable reaction.  Some people get internal reactions, or more or less, in places others can not see.  I agree that the best way to describe this is paper cuts, or mini micro-tears in that very delicate place.  It is upsetting because often I will be interested in sex and can not have it because of the situation down there. I think my husband thinks I am just not horny because I tell him no, rather than getting him all worried that I am not attracted to him, I try to explain it, but he doesn't know what to do to help.  I have tried a "homoepathic" remedy that was suggested by a collegue, to use ALOE VERA straight from the plant.  I know it sounds bizarre, but if you are getting ready to go to bed, just massage a little on the area, not UP INSIDE but just on the area-mine is usually on inner lips-it soothes it a bit.  Who knows it helped me.
I had a similar problem.  However, mine only occurred once and did come with flu-like symptoms which made it appear to be an STD.  (Maybe those were brought on psychologically?) I was blood-tested negative for herpes several months later.  I do have eczema on my face, though, and maybe there's a link?
Where do these lesions occur? Mine usually appear in the crease between my leg and vagina. I was told that its not herpes, yet I still don't know what it could be.
I have this problem too and have been checked several times for herpes.. I have Crohns disease though.. and my underlying problem is my body becomes too acidic easily... I can't eat chocolate or anything tomato based etc... its instant lesions,instant little sores.. unbalanced system I have.. Crohns is autoimmune.. immune system is over active..If you suffer from any kind of acid problem or intestinal unrest its likely the lesions may have something to do with that.. such as irritable bowel etc..I was glad to find this today.. I am not alone..