Very dark nipples, light in the middle not pregnant. 20 yrs old

I'm 20 years old but im freaking out i could have pagets disease of the nipple or something. the area around the tip my nipple (around the edges of the tip of my nipple) look really really dark in colour, and almost purpley black. and the tip of my nipple is very light, pink and orangey. My nipples are not itchy or dry or red. Does Anyone have any suggestions to what this could be. I am currently on the depo contraceptive injection, do you think it could be to do with this? or something more serious?

Any advice is welcome,
thank you