Weird Cycle & Symptoms or Pregnant?

Grateful for any advice. I'm on day 16 of my cycle and my last period arrived on time, lasted 5 days and was what my GP would describe as a 'good bleed' as in fairly heavy. The period before it was exactly the same. I had periods for the first 5 months when I was pregnant with my son and they were very light and short. I can't believe that any pregnancy could have survived either of my last two periods but...

From day 1 of my cycle this time my breasts have been sore. Usually I only get this the week before my period is due so this is unusual - and I've been suffering with hearburn, acid indigestion and very occasional nausea. I've done two HPTs, one today, both of which have been negative. My OH half and I have had sex once since my last period finished (day 10) and I'm on the mini pill. I haven't missed or been late with any of my pills or had a stomach upset.

Am I worrying for nothing? I realise the symptoms could have other causes but I'm a worrier. You only have to put 'sore breasts' and 'hearburn' into google to get thousands of pregnancy related results hence my concern. I know it's probably unlikely that I am pregnant would I would welcome any views.

If you get a negative on a test, repeat it in a week.  If its still negative, either wait another week or ask your doctor what to do next.    '

There are lots of things that have the same symptoms as pregnancy, and often there is NO reason why you feel that way.

Best of luck.