Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Weird Cycle & Symptoms or Pregnant?

Grateful for any advice. I'm on day 16 of my cycle and my last period arrived on time, lasted 5 days and was what my GP would describe as a 'good bleed' as in fairly heavy. The period before it was exactly the same. I had periods for the first 5 months when I was pregnant with my son and they were very light and short. I can't believe that any pregnancy could have survived either of my last two periods but...

From day 1 of my cycle this time my breasts have been sore. Usually I only get this the week before my period is due so this is unusual - and I've been suffering with hearburn, acid indigestion and very occasional nausea. I've done two HPTs, one today, both of which have been negative. My OH half and I have had sex once since my last period finished (day 10) and I'm on the mini pill. I haven't missed or been late with any of my pills or had a stomach upset.

Am I worrying for nothing? I realise the symptoms could have other causes but I'm a worrier. You only have to put 'sore breasts' and 'hearburn' into google to get thousands of pregnancy related results hence my concern. I know it's probably unlikely that I am pregnant would I would welcome any views.

Thanks

1 Responses
172023 tn?1334675884
If you get a negative on a test, repeat it in a week.  If its still negative, either wait another week or ask your doctor what to do next.    '

There are lots of things that have the same symptoms as pregnancy, and often there is NO reason why you feel that way.

Best of luck.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.