Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

What are these spots on my back and arms?

I have had these since childhood. They aren't bumpy or itchy; they're actually quite smooth because I moisturize. They just don't look good. My doctor told me it was Keratosis Pilaris, so I'm trying SA moisturizing creams, AHA, BHA and a new gentle scrub from First Aid Beauty, but it seems like KP is usually bumpy, so I'm not sure if that's what I have.
3 Responses
Is there any way for me to attach a photo on this website?
134578 tn?1578157483
COMMUNITY LEADER
The "Profile" section (about yourself -- click on your user name) allows photos to be attached. If you have the photo downloaded it should find it.
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, I'm wondering without even seeing the if they are not keratosis pilaris?  I have them too.  It's a genetic thing.  It's harmless, has small red, tan bumps.  https://www.medicinenet.com/keratosis_pilaris/article.htm  I found a product that helps me.  It's a balm for ezcema but I found when I put it on after a shower, it made these bumps all but disappear with regular use.  Aveeno Ezcema balm is the name.  I get it at CVS drug store but you can get it online and I'm sure many places.  Not sure if that is what you have but would not be at all surprised.  
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.