Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

What can I take for gas pain during pregnancy!

Hi Ladies,
I am 9 weeks pregnant and I have TERRIBLE gas pain and I have to get some relief! My Dr. is out of the office this week. What is safe to take during pregnancy? I can't take this anymore! Anytime I eat ANYTHING I have stomach pain for hours. Any thoughts are appreciated!
64 Responses
Call a pharmasist and they will give you free advice on this!
Jackiemoo,

Thank you, but I already tried that and they told me that they can't recommend anything that they have because they are all class C (i think) drugs and may not be safe. I thought maybe somebody that has gone thru this has already asked their Dr and could let me in on the secret! LOL
i also had horrid gas and heartburn....good ol trusty tumms!!  also good for the calcuim.  that is what was suggested to me by my dr.  hope it helps
MSSAMPY-

A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU!!!! :)
your welcome!!   have a great pregnancy gas and heartburn free!!!   :)
I found that RENNIE tablets are great. But if you can't get them over there (as I'm in Australia so I don't know if you do) then I suggest some kind of anti-indigestion/flatulance tablet that is chewable and safe to take during pregnancy.
You have my empathy!  I am now 7 1/5 weeks pregnant and I have been cursed with terrible gas and gas craps and pain too.  I did some research online and found that Gas-X is safe....THANK GOODNESS!!!  I have copied the link and pasted it below for you!

Good luck and best wishes for a safe and happy (and gas free) pregnancy!

http://www.medicinenet.com/simethicone/article.htm
That article was helpful for me to see, but also confusing.  I am up at 12:30 in the morning with gas pain, and was googling around to see if I could take Gas-X, but I came across something that looked like I probably shouldn't take it.  The link for that site is I don't know what to make of all the conflicting data and diverse opinions.  I guess this is probably just the beginning though, right?  I mean, isn't motherhood all about sorting through lots of different opinions and hoping for the best?  Oh well, I just realized I don't have any Gas-X around the house anyway.  We'll see how I feel about it in the morning :-).  Best wishes to all of you!
When I was pregnat I took Gaviscon it really worked for hartburn and gas pain
its 6 am and i cant sleep i feel like im abt 2 pop from the darn gas, gas x & tums arent doing n e thing 4 me !!! :(
you ladies are lucky i jus took 2 gas x and it didnt do squat
I am about 8 weeks pregnant, and have the worst gas in history - my husband is about to leave.  :)  I did a lot of research, and haven't seen anything that says Gas-x is dangerous for pregnant women, so I bought some yesterday.  So far, it's worked very well.  I am going to ask my obgyn today if it is indeed safe, b/c I agree - there's conflicting information out there about all this stuff.  I think they caution pregnant women to take ANYTHING their first trimester, but I don't know if I can live without this relief right now. . .

Good luck all - I'll  let you know what I find out!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.