What can cause a 14 yro to have vaginal pain?

My daughter has regular, but heavy painful periods and has not been sexually active.
I started having severe menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding after my second time having a period (at 11 yro). The heavy bleeding was caused by anemia, had to go on iron supplements which immediately helped. For the pain, I had to take birth control pills (though I wasn't sexually active). This helped for about 4 years, then the painful cramps came back but were not so severe. Everyone is different obviously, so I would suggest going to  gynecologist.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, it does not require being sexually active to suffer during one's menstrual cycle.  I'm sorry she has such bad cramping and bleeding.  do you allow her to have ibuprofen for this discomfort?  I would.  Does she use tampons or pads?  
Have you asked her Dr. if birth control would be an option for her in order to regulate her hormones into a more manageable level?