What cause fowl nipple taste?

Why do my nipples have a bad onion aftertaste? I've noticed this question has been asked frequently on the web but there hasn't been a single serious medical response, quite frustrating. I consider myself to have good to great hygene, past and present partner(s) have also said so. I am not pregnant and do not have children (most posts relate this to lactating). I can taste the onion in my boyfriends mouth after intimate action and it's happened with every partner I've ever had so I know it's me. What causes this and how can it be fixed if at all?
Today is the first time I've looked for an answer and your right, nobody has a serious answer.  I haven't breastfed in six years but I thought that was it.  But I also have implants so maybe that?  I would bet its hormonal but I'm really hoping someone can post something that would make it better.  If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone and I was so upset when someone told me they tasted funny. Doesn't sound sexy to me. I blamed it on the milk.
My wife's nipples taste like onions too and we've been together for 11 years and have no children
Would you describe this taste as tobacco? In addition to onion? I'm wondering if I'm detecting the same issue or a different one. I taste tobacco or very strong rancid onion. I'm not sure if there's any correlation to onion or garlic having been eaten. It tastes very much like poison and like something is wrong or perhaps seriously wrong. My wife does not smoke so the tobacco taste is not from a cigarette.
Oh yes and it's not any skin product either. And it appears from gently sucking, not really by licking.
I first experienced this with my husband, the weird onion type taste, then a lover.  I thought it was just because that was how they were built, nothing more.  However it recently happened to me, where I was the one with the weird tasting nipples.  I am a very hygienic person so it really freaked me out and has made me terribly insecure.  I don't have implants so I know it's not that.  I tried to think of what the three of us (my husband, my lover and myself) have in common; we all drink A LOT of coffee.  I am wondering if that is the culprit? That and I've noticed as of late, I've not been drinking enough water.  I don't know if that is what the cause is but I though it worth mentioning.
Read the comment above and my wife hates coffee and caffeine drinks
She doesn't drinks coffee
Try soaking a cotton ball in lemon juice and rub it on your nipples once a week. Works for underarm odor as well. Works for me...... Good luck and hope this helps.....
Onions, like garlic and chives have Sulfur compounds in them. It's what gives them their taste.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/09/dining/09curious.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Sulfur is the 3rd most abundant in the body and 6th most in breast glands.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11896744
You are tasting keratin. It is a sebaceous fluid contained in the Montgomery glands of the areola. This substance works as a lubricant during breastfeeding. That would be its primary purpose in nature. Its secondary purpose would be to keep Daddy from stealing all of Mama's milk from the baby. It doesn't sound like it's working given the amount of persons on the internet seeking to have that question answered.
What would be the answer when the woman never had children and it still occurs?
The montgomery glands of the areola remain active regardless of any past or present activity of gestation.
Still no answer, to all it's 2018 and my wife hasn't been pregnant, still she tastes like onions
As I have previously stated in this thread, "The montgomery glands of the areola remain active regardless of any past or present activity of gestation." Specifically; pregnancy does not have to be a factor in the production of keratin in the montgomery glands. Neither does gender. To minimize the presence of keratin on the areola, try soaking in a bath and washing the area with soap prior to periods of mutual arousal.
Please keep in mind that the smells and tastes of our bodies are a result of natural processes and should not typically be cause for alarm (there are some obvious exeptions). If something about your partner's body sent and taste is less than flattering, use common sense and avoid it during intimacy. On the other hand, if you really dig onion flavor, experiment with ketchup and mustard and all the other basic condiments :-)
Been looking for answers to this as well! My boyfriend recently told me my breasts always has a taste to them but I don’t know what to tell him that causes them to have an onion like taste. Even after I get out the shower and we get intimate I can taste and smell his mouth like onions. All I can think is maybe the soap I’m using? Maybe I should be using an unscented one instead of a strong scented one..
To anyone still questioning the strange nipple taste. First off, ladies... It's not just your nipples! Go ahead, give your man's nip a little tounge action, you'll get that same taste.
The issue isn't the nipple alone, that's only a contributing factor, the real culprit however, is natural bacteria in your mouth, mixing with keratin, which is naturally produced by our nips! (Yes, even males) a quick cure to this... Try brushing your teeth before any nipple play, the recent brush will eliminate the bacteria in your mouth, thus... Making the taste vanish! Have fun! #nippleplayforlife
That is not true; not everyone has this issue.  Brushing teeth/washing the nipples prior does not change the end result either.
Well various foods can create smells....onions of course, garlic and other foods. Bacteria particularly in the vagina can create smells as can bacteria on the skin. The type of contraception you use might affect vaginal taste. I can fairly will say that this probably does not represent a harmful condition. Infection in the vagina should be considered. Systemic illnesses such as diabetes can be considered but these can all be ruled out in one check up with OB or primary care. Do not forget that whatever you eat, will reflect on the content from your mammary gland which comes out of your nipple. Example, when you breast feed your baby, the same happens to your milk.  There is also an other theory which underwire bras could be the cause of that problem. By wearing underwire bras, you are cutting off your mammary glands, your lymphatic and your circulatory system.  In order to see a change, you should look to correct these problems. The fact that it has been happening a year also goes against an acute, infectious problem. So, diet, contraception, have a check up, some blood work. Good luck.