What causes charley horses under ribs n low abdom

Help me please anyone! I've been getting these for about five years now.started off in the legs while sleeping. Last few years under the right ribs. My pain mgmt dr injected the area with cortisone and it stopped for two years now it is on both sides and above the groin area left and right near the ovaries area.the pain happens when I laugh,bend over as to touch your toes,going to the bathroom,turning around to look out the window while driving, just turn the wrong way, my mom n dad have similar symptoms too. Dad says lean back and mom just started zanaflex.does anyone know what cAuses this its getting embarrassing. I went to see a chiropractor for help he told me to bend n touch my toes then he replied he never saw anything like this in his life.i do have back problems and I am looking for answers to this problem. I can't take the pain anymore. I have had 15 unrelated surgeries  and this pain is not comparable because it happens more frequently. Can Anyone help, I will go for bloodwork and MRI of thoracic spine soon.ty in advance.lin
From the symptoms that you have mentioned,the first possibility that comes to my mind is gall bladder colic or biliary colic.It can be due to cholecystitis(inflammation of gall bladder) or gall bladder stones.I would suggest an ultrasound abdomen to confirm the diagnosis.Other possibilities are irritable bowel syndrome, hepatitis(inflammation of the liver), kidney stones, pneumonia, musculoskeletal pain,lower rib fracture and malignancy.Irritation of the nerves supplying this area can also cause pain.Irritation can be due to nerve compression or pinching due to any spine related pathology.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.