What does this mean?

I have/had no symptoms but just went for my annual check up and to get tested for STDs and all that.
Got a call yesterday that I tested negative for anything but that there was "a bit of strep" found in the culture that they did.
The doctor said it was "pretty normal" and nothing to worry about and to take a probiotic...I just don't really understand what this means? What I have read online says that it is found in pregnant women and people with diabetes or immune disorders, I fall into none of those categories so am just very confused and worried.

Any insight into this?
COMMUNITY LEADER
This is not uncommon.  Women giving birth are tested for strep before birth and many have it---  very common.  It's called Group B strep.  It's not sexually transmitted.  It's probably in all healthy women in their vagina or rectum at one time or another and is harmless.  If you have it around the time of birth, you're given antibiotics as giving birth with it isn't great.  But otherwise, no worries.  good luck
Okay thank you! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to be worried about as I had no symptoms or anything wrong down there to suggest bacteria. If it is normal I will move on with my life, thanks!