What may black vaginal discharge only during menstruation be a symptom of?

For the past three months I have been experiencing black vaginal discharge during my time of the month. The discharge only happens during this time, and I haven't noticed a foul odor along with it. I don't have any pain along with the discharge either, aside from menstrual cramps. I am taking Lo Loestrin FE birth control, and have 2-3 day periods. There is also no chance of forgetting to remove a tampon because I do not use them. What may this discharge be a symptom of? Please help!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Nothing.  It's really really dark blood.  Mine can have streaks and times of this as well when it is very heavy.  good luck

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community