Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members
194033 tn?1230787005

When to expect menstrual cycle after d & c?

Hi all. I am curious to know when I can "expect" my next period.  I had a d & c on the 18th of Feb and from what I understand, my period should come around 4-6 weeks later. I want to know specifically from those who have had d & c's if this was actually the case. When did you have your period after your d & c?? Thanks much.
23 Responses
178590 tn?1294180367
I didn't have D&C but after MC I got AF 34 days later.....hope you get it on time so you can get started again.....good luck

Brandi
I got my first AF 30 days after my D&C, a little later than normal, but not by much.  I was 10weeks along when I had the procedure w/ an HCG over 60,000.
11940 tn?1270818862
It's so hard to say... depending on your situation. I m/c in Nov. and I had "periods" fairly regularly but my hCG levels were still really high and I wasn't ovulating.  So, if you're wondering when you'll ovulate you will have to wait til your numbers are down to 10 or below.  At least that's what I've been told and I've been charting with OPK's and it proved true for me.  I hope that helps and I'm so sorry for your loss.  Keep you chin up!  I'm TWW and will pray that AF doesn't come in two weeks! :)
11940 tn?1270818862
I forgot to mention... I had my D&C on 12/8 and it took til March 13th for me to ovulate.
194033 tn?1230787005
Thanks guys!!! Just wanting to know because its been about 4 weeks and nothing yet. What does OPK mean?? Thanks
11940 tn?1270818862
It's "ovulation predictor kit" ....you can find them with the home pregnancy tests (HPT).  GOOD LUCK!!  It's a waiting game! :) ~T
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.