Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

White painless bumps on vulva?

I am a 23 year old sexually active women and while I was examining my vulva, I noticed many white bumps on my labia minor. They appear to be in rows on both sides of the opening on my vagina and extend back to the area between my vagina and anus. They are painless to touch and seem to be more visible (some of them only visible) when I pull the skin around them tight. I do not believe they are herpes or genital warts because they are painless, smooth and i had the Gardasil shot before any sexual activity. Are they possibly large fordyce spots or blocked sweat glands? Or are the really herpes or genital warts? Any help is appreciated!
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
These small bumps sound like Fordyce spots. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They are non-infectious and a natural occurrence on the body.

They should be got removed only for cosmetic reasons as they are normally found on the penis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.