Why is my vagina swollen and incredibly itchy?

In the past couple of days my vagina has suddenly become rather swollen and unbearably itchy and I don't know what's wrong. I've googled the situation but each website tells me something different. I really want to avoid going to the doctors if at all possible
Sorry, but to get a proper diagnosis it is best to go see your gynecologist or primary care physician. Sounds to me like bacterial vaginosis, which you need an antibiotic for. Best of luck!
There should be a club specifically for those of us who have unidentifiable vaginal itchiness! Anyway, as mentioned above, you're better off going to a doctor. In the meantime, we'll need more info. Any discharge? Smell? Redness? Pain during sex? Have you had sex recently? Are you using perfumes, scented products, douches?

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community