Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Why pms symptoms but no period?

my question is why do I get these pms symptoms before my period but no period never comes? Doesn't your body know that it is not coming so it should not trigger all these annoying symptoms?
Yesterday i had a horrible pms migraine and have been waiting and waiting for my period to come, i've had bloating, cramps, insomnia, moodswings, and very sore breats and a general blah feeling for two about two weeks now and i was due about a week ago. I am pretty much irregualr. But why the pms symptoms but no period, why should one get these symptoms at the right time but no period, does this make any sense?
i just don't get it....ugggh!
12 Responses
you didnt say when you are due for your period?
sometimes us gals can really be effected by ovulation too.
Are you at that age?
i am 38 yrs old. I have never been regular with my period. I was told that I have PCOS. I was counting on my period coming on around the 22 of december because It did come in november from the 23-25. I was told that I don't ovualate every month, so it is confusing for me to figure out my symptoms. I wish I could because i would like to get pregnant soon.
Well i think it's b/c of the PCOS that you are experiencing irregularity. PMS Symptoms not consistant with actual AF's visit.  But hey, pms & pregnancy symptoms are very similar, so maybe that one month you will get lucky.
I know this is a crazy qustions and i probably already know the answer, but isn't it hard to ovulate without an period. I never even considered that i could be pregnant, becuase my doctores has always told me that I do not ovulate.
130384 tn?1221596627
How many times a year do you get a period?  Is it really sporadic, like only 3 or 4 times a year?
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.