Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.5k Members

Will I have trouble getting pregnant in the future?

I am currently 18 years old and I got my first period when I was 16 and then did not get it again naturally for another year. After I told my doctor this, she had me take those 10 day pills to see if they would make me get my period (medroxyprogesterone? I can't remember). I got my period on the 8th day of taking them, which I thought was odd because you are supposed to get your period after the 10th pill. I also had blood work done and all that I found from that was that I'm low on vitamin D (unrelated). After that I got my period 1 more time naturally (2 seasons later and a normal period) and then not again for a while. Then, I went to the gyno again and she suggested I take that 10 day medicine every three months or go on birth control. I took the medroxyprogesterone and again got my period on the 8th pill, then that Sunday I started birth control. I just finished my first birth control pack and I had my period throughout the whole things. The blood flow was somewhat light but I had many blood clots. My doctor does not seem to know what the problem is. For some background, every female in my family got their period around age 13 and consistently after that. I am worried that I am sterile. My doctor did not say I am or am not, though she said "We will talk about that when you're thinking about getting pregnant" I don't know what that means. I am active, but not super skinny. I am overall healthy and live a normal life. I was wondering if from this information you could tell if I will have trouble having kids when I am older. Thank you!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.