Women's Health

Hi, I get my periods regularly on 15, 16, 17, 18 of every month. I got my periods this month regularly. I have two marriages to be attended on 14, 15 November and 11, 12 December. I want to delay my period for November. I want it after 17 November and similarly I don't want it in December because I will be occupied with activities and holidays after the wedding in December too. I don't want the periods in December. I want to know which medicine do I take and how to take and the side effects if any. Kindly explain in detail. Thanking you.
You can postpone your periods by taking norethisterone which is often used to postpone a period. The dose is 5mg three times a day starting 3-4 days before a period is due. It can be continued for up to 2 weeks or so until you want to have a period. But it is advisable to use this drug only after a doctor’s prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank u so much doctor....I will follow your advice....Warm Regards!!!