Worried about upcoming double prolapse surgery.

I had a total hysterectomy in '01 with including removal of ovaries and cervix.  My vagina was shortened then.  Now I have scheduled surgery to have a sling placed inside to lift my bladder, and also surgery for my rectum.  Both of which have taken up space in my vagina.  I have stress incontinence and bowel movement problems quite bad.   What I am concerned about is what effect this might have on my vagina and my "sex life".  I really don't need or wish to have it any shorter.  I consider myself still young at 54 years of age and since I've been happily married for 36 years, I hate to jeapordize that.  I've had enough problems as it is due to lack of interest in sex due to antidepressants and lack of hormones after my hysterectomy.  That's is just a smidgen of the problems as a result of that stupid hysterectomy.  Well, bottom line, as I said, I am worried about the post surgery pain, if there is any  possibility of returning to normal.  Did I mention the Dr. said I needed to be on a 'liquid' diet for about 2 days prior to surgery and 2 weeks after?  I'm not looking forward to this at all!!!

This discussion is related to I have questions about cystocele and rectocele surgery.