Yeast infection

I have never had a yeast infection and I'm 49 years old. I'm extremely dry in the area but I've research the topic and I can't find where dryness and yeast infection go together.  I'm assuming it does I've taken the pill today and I hope within 24 hours it will be somewhat better. Help !!?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Doctors will swab you if you are unsure if it is yeast.  Since you are taking the pill---  did you see a doctor?  They should be able to tell you very easily if you have yeast or not.  The hallmark sign of yeast infections is itching.  Bad itching.  just being dry is not as much a sign---  that can be hormonal (vaginal dryness is common as we age due to less estrogen).  So, you've taken the pill (diflucan?)--  hopefully that will work.  If not, see your doctor.  good luck