Yeast infection for 8 months

I made the mistake of seeing my doctor while I was on my period so all the results came back negative. She treated me for BV just to see if that helped, but constant unbearable itching ensued with white discharge. After this she wanted me to come for an office visit again and I was so embarrassed that I never showed up and missed the appointment. In the past she has also treated me with one pill of diflucan which never works.
I went otc and got a one day monistat treatment (which has the highest dose of all the treatments, 1200mg) and it came with external cream. For 5 days I felt amazing with zero itching or discharge. I felt like a normal person however day 6-7 the symptoms returned. I applied the external cream and viola once again the symptoms of itching went away.
Is it safe to say I have the worlds worst yeast infection?
What can I do?? I can't go on living like this ...it's embarrassing, time consuming and unbearable. It just took over my whole life and I think about it nonstop.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Wow, anyone???
Hmm. It's possible that maybe you have a yeast infection and bacteria vaginosis. You would need medication for bv and yo help with the itching etc medication for yeast infection. Book with your doctor asap . I've been there and it's really not fun :(