Yeast infection that won't go away.....or something else????

Ok ladies, I need some serious help/advice.  About 2 months ago I had this terrible itchy feeling in and outside my vagina that I thought was a yeast infection.  I couldn't get into the doctor right away so I took Monistat 3.  For some reason I didn't use the 3rd night but felt fine after a few days and my symptoms were gone for a few weeks.  Then it came back, just much less severe but won't go away.  There is hardly any discomfort on the outside only a tiny bit of burning every once and while.  It's a very subtle itch up inside that comes and goes and seems to come on later on in the day.  I have been to the doctor several times and at first she said she didn't see anything.  But when I still had the feeling she took a sample, saw a little bit of yeast,gave me a Diflucan pill, which seemed to work but then the symptoms came back a week later and I decided to try another dosage of Monistat 3.  During this I got a UTI and went in to get antibiotics for it, which cleared it up.  However, I still had the itch and again, went back to the doctor.  She took another sample and didn't see any yeast but saw some white blood cells which indicates an infection and gave me the Terazole cream to treat different strains of the yeast.  I took it all and it hasn't seemed to change anything.  I have been tested for everything else (STD's and BV) and everything is negative along with a normal pap.  I'm not on the pill, other antibiotics and don't douche or use scented tampons, pads, etc...any ideas on different treatments or what else it could be?  I'm starting to go crazy!...
Has anyone considered Herpes? It wont show up on a smear test unless the virus is active, meaning open sores. but you can still get itching burning and tingling without any sores or blisters, which is called 'shedding'  where the virus is just under the skin, but not breaking through. The burning and itching can last for 2 weeks at a time, can attack anytime, and is often brought on by stress, poor diet and changes in hormones such as a having a period or pregnancy.
  Are you still taking the Pro-biotics and the Pau d Arco?  Are you still well?  It seems like it took about 1 month on the above stuff for you to get better, is that right?  I have had this chronic yeast thing for 7mos. now and am desperate to get better before summer.  Please get back to me asap.  Thanks so much.  

Smitty906
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
I don't know how Airbear is getting on, but I started taking Pau D'Arco about 2 weeks ago, after reading her posting. Already my symptoms are improving and I'm very hopeful this will at last prove to be the cure. I'll keep you posted .....
Thank you so much for letting me know about how you are doing on the Pau D'Arco!  I have been going back and forth on using it or trying Threelac but hearing from you has given me hope so I will start it tomorrow.  I hope it keeps working for you and I'll let you know how I'm doing soon.  Take Care!

Smitty906
I was just wondering a few things?  What kind of Pau D'Arco have you been using?  I just read something that says that the safest form is the one where the whole bark is used but the one I have been using says inner bark on the label?  How long are you going to stay on this and is it continuing to work for you? If you could let me know, because I am very new to the herbal thing and getting a little paranoid.  Thanks!
Hi Smitty. I'm not sure what type it is but I bought it from here http://www.*********************************, I've also heard that the Riohealth supplements are reliable. I have been taking 2 capsules, twice a day orally. I also used one as a pessary (not sure if you are supposed to!), but it seemed to finish off the last remaining traces of thrush. It's nearly a week now since my symptoms cleared up completely.  I still get a slight itch every now and then but it so far it hasn't led back to thrush. I'm going to keep taking the Pau D'arco for several months to come just to ensure it doesn't come back.  At £7.99 per pot of 100 capsules, I think it's a good value insurance policy. I hope you have the same success I have had.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have been taking Pau D'Arco since the end of Jan and I am completely thrush free now, and have been since the beginning of Feb. If you have tried everything else, please, please give it a try. It is a natural product made from tree bark and it has been a miracle cure to me after years of suffering from Candida. Please don't waste your money on advertised yeast cures, as they don't seem to work. Pau D'Arco is cheap to buy and works really quickly (2 weeks). If you want more proof, just read through the postings on this forum - you'll notice that everyone who tries Pau D'Arco stops posting after a couple of weeks of trying it!    
Please or to view.
Hi, I am very interested in the Pau D'Arco treatment. Where can I find a reputable seller of this herb. I tried GNC online and they do not have it listed on their site. Do I have to go into the retail store??

I too have suffered for almost 4 years now...I tried creams, pills, acidophillus, garlic, yogurt, Gynatren all have failed. I've seen my Dr. numerous times along with a naturopath and a OB/GYN.

Thank you kindly.
I've been suffering from YI symptoms for the past 2 moths. A month previous to that I had my yearly pap and it came back possitive for BV. I have been sexually UNactive for the past 3 years. I am wondering if BV can mask itself as a YI? Some of the symptoms seems similar. So far just itching and a slight milk like discharge, but BV includes others as well. I was treated with Metagel for BV but I didn't have any symptoms at the time. I am heading back to the doctors today and I feel much more prepared thanks to this post! I am off to google specialists in my area. I hope it'll be a last result. Thank you to everyone who has posted! You've been most helpful!
I have had a yeast infection for around half a year now and it will not go away i tried some pill that made me throw up so the doctor just told me to take these pills from cvs that are really made to prevent yeast infections , and i thought my yeast infection was gone but it game right back after me taking the pills everyday for two months I dont want to have to take those pills everyday though because of this there must be a solution ? im young , only 16 so im scared to go to certain doctors you know but if i have to i mean ill do it. I am not sexually active btw.

I am however on a medication called doxycycline and before that was on minocycline i have been told that due to taking those i am more prone to infectiosn and have been sick often so im thinking it may be a combination of the medicine and the yeast infection

what should i do?
I had a yeast infection over a month ago that went away right away with one dose of difflucan.  Then, 2 weeks later it came back and this time I tried to difflucan.... twice... and tried monistat 1... after all this the internal itch is gone but there is a persistant external itch!!  My doctor told me to use hydrocortisone cream mixed with canesten external cream... i've been using that for weeks (and am now using nothing hoping it will go away by itself).  Has anybody ever had trouble getting rid of an external itch?   I can even feel it when I'm walking around, it seems as though my clothes are irritating the problem (Even though their really lose!! and 100% cotton!!!)  I'm not sure what to do!!

ps- I  am not sexually active ...........
I have the same symptoms as you eg: cottage cheese like discharge and odour. have you come to any conclusions yet?
Please or to view.
Did any of you ladies think about vulvodynia it has some of the same reactions very hard to get rid of .Well there is no cure you just have to try and control the out breaks which is very difficult to do! I have been suffering with this for about 10yrs now,and I have high oxcolate in the food you eat can cause it to flare up more.Look up on the enternet the vulvar pain foundation they will give you the foods you should stay away from.also be careful the laudry soap and body soap you use it can make a huge difference! And stress is really bad so try to cut down on stress in your life.OH and no tight clothing that will really start it up well thats about all i have to say for now I really hope it helps you.rily
Please or to view.
Hi I'm with princesscamy on her post. Often times the itching may seem like it's yeast when it's really bacterial. Eating the wrong foods cause yeast. I have had this ongoing curse for the past 8 years. often times I have gone to the doctor and they do not see anything which is extremely frustrating to me, because I feel really sick. Once in a while they will see something and give me antibiotics, which of course causes yeast.
I cannot eat ANYTHING that has sugar in it. Not even natural. No fruits, no carrots, no carbohydrates, nothing processed. I have become label reading crazy. I cannot eat anything that has 1 gram of sugar in it. I've also learned from reading books on yeast that it lives in your digestive system. I literally go crazy because when the yeast comes I feel it coming out of my skin, fingers and toes. My scalp gets super dry and super flakey and my face gets really bad Rosecea I literally want to jump out of my skin. I can only eat meats, salads (with no dressings) and vegetables (that don't natually have sugar in them like squash) I've been taking Oil of Oregano because I heard that natually kills fungus and parasites. They had also recommended I take Grapeseed Extract to kill the bacteria but it causes out of control yeast in me. So I stopped. I noticed that the Oil of Oregano also causes me yeast but it's not as bad as the Grapeseed Extract.

I was also overdosing on Acidopholus and it was a great way to keep the bacteria and yeast controlled but it does not make it go away. Also I have found that I'm allergic to it. So that doesn't help. It's supposed to help you digest better but it really constipates me and causes all my glands to hurt, from my legs to my underarms, to my neck glands. Because I get constipated it makes me nauceas all the time.

I'm still super duper frustrated because it does not let me live a normal life. I cannot enjoy sex, or socialize with friends as I cannot eat or drink anything.
I will try the Pau de Arco to see if that helps, because the only times that it has gone away for a few months is when the doctor has prescribed 2000 miligrams of Metronizadole/Flagyl and even then it comes back. This treatment is for Trichamoniasis. Although I have not had Trichamoniasis this has been the best treatment I have found so far. But the metalic taste in the mouth last for days and it makes me super sick.

When doctors have not been able to see anything under the microscope I have turned to holistic healing. I found Theta Healing has worked the best and the fastest. Sometimes Instantly. But it got expensive and I stopped clearing and it came back. What I've come to learn is that guilt causes bacteria and resentments cause yeast. I'm very emotional so I internalize a lot of strong emotions. I'm curious to know if any other women have paid attention to their emotions and have noticed any recurring emotions right before their most uncomfortable times???

Also if there are any doctors or naturopaths that would like to shed any light on this. I know my case is extreme but I want to feel good again myself.
Did you ever get it solved? If so, how?? Somewhat going through the same thing
I meant to address the first girl who posted on this forum, emsuc, in my above post. :)
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
As another member mentioned it could be Type 2 Diabetes.  After reading that bit of information I mentioned it to a girlfriend who happens to be a retired RN. She recommended that I go and buy the glucose test strips that you pee on.  They are inexpensive.

Well my sugar was over 2,000.  Through diet and exercise (I love to walk) it went into the 300 range.  Now I'm on 2 generic diabetes drugs, and it's getting lower each day.  Still watching what I eat and keep walking.

BTW I thought I had the yeast infection from hell.  I was so absolutely miserable.

i've had burning and itching sensation from February..i've seen three doctors they prescribed candida medication which didn't work.the last doctor i saw prescbried Fluconazole the burning and itching  sensation is  not as bad as it was but it still exist ..please help i dont know what else to do
I have actually changed my diet so that I am now vegan, gluten free, and sugar -free (meaning no cane sugar or processed sugar in my diet at all) and it has worked out really well. However, since I am still that lucky 5% of the population that has chronic candidiasis, I still get Yeast Infections occasionally and they make me go insane. I have one right now, I've tried everything from putting garlic up there, to eating lots of garlic, to taking Diflucan...and I realized one thing...the Doctors don't know anything. They just guess and prescribe. If anything, you can probably make a better educated guess about your own body then they can. The Doctor I went to was mainly just concerned about money saying that we should test me for yeast. Hello!!! I've had yeast infections for 6 years now, I think I can tell what a yeast infection feel like. So in short, I do suggest changing your diets because I have gone front 3 yeast infections a months to maybe 2 yeast infections a year. Also, please note that you might be allergic to latex! This is something that I didn't realize and my fiance at the time would use latex condoms when we had sex, and this ALWAYS gave me a very chronic yeast infections. So you should definitely make the switch to non-latex condoms and see if that helps any. And make the switch over to a sugar free diet. You can always use agave in place of sugar which is really yummy, you can bake with it, and it's actually super healthy for you (you body doesn't recognize it as sugar). Agave is what they make tequila out of, it's a natural nectar found in nature from the agave plant. Anyways, I thought I would just throw in my 2cents because I have had this problem for years, and still do (but to a much much lesser extent)...and I totally empathize with all of you.

Goodluck!!!
Hello, i had reccurrent yeast/bacterial infections for two years. Right now i feel like 85% of my symptoms have disappeared in the last three weeks by doing this regimen. A. Cut down on sugar significantly, one pop or juice a day and the rest water. no dessert or candy except twice a week. Protein and veggies are the way to go. I like sliced turkey and fresh veggies :). B. Take Green Vibrance powder for body alkalynity. Got mines from health foods unlimited. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00014E01K/ref=asc_df_B00014E01K1764390?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B00014E01K. C. Taking Herbs of Light Yeast Away pills LINK http://herbsoflight.net/yeast-away-capsules-90caps-450mg.html. Amazing antifungal herbs like golden seal, black walnut hull, olive leaf, pau d' arco, and echinacea. Did this for one week on moderate diet changes and felt all the yeast flushing out of my va jay jay. Was the worse yeast infection i EVER HAD. Then two days later 60% better. two weeks on moderate diet change 70% better. Third week no diet change actually worse. I had three days of constant cake, and candy like twix and snickers and pop. Only 85% better. Still improving but slower since the sugar intake. Started feeling a tiny irritation. Now week 4, I'm about to go off all sugar and breads. Intake more green vibrance, and hope to be 100% better. Hope this helps someone :) Chow
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I'm so glad I found all of you.  I had a 5 day stomach ache back in May so I went to the doctor.  They took blood.  I felt fine the next day of course but they called me saying I had H. Pylori and had to take a medicine called the PrevPac.  After taking these double dose of antibiotics for 2 weeks, I ended up with a yeast infection a week later.  I treated in with otc cream and it went away.  two week later it cam back.  I did the same treatment.  Two weeks later back again.  This continued 4 times.  Then I had IV antibiotics in August for a surgery I had.  Couple weeks later another yeast infection.  I went to my doctor and she prescribed me a one time pill.  The yeast came back again.  I went to the gyno doctor who looked at the discharge under a microscope and said she wasn't going to culture it b/c I was loaded with yeast and she gave me a pill that takes care of resistant stains.  Well that didn't work either.  I've had constant discharge from a straight month now and about 6 yeast infections in the last 6 months.  The gyno doc said next they wanted to do a supressive regimen.  I don't know how i feel about this since i know it can be harmful for the liver.  I never had this problem before taking those double antibiotics.  It's ruining my life and putting a huge stain on my marriage.  I was doing the yogurt/probiotics routine but will now try the Pau D'Arco since people have had luck with it.
Garlic. Use a clove of garlic like a suppository.
I read this in a health store book.
Make sure the clove is slit somewhere, so the natural antibiotic is able to escape.
Keep it in overnight.
Should work really well. Garlic burns it out.
Please or to view.
Screw u luckylocket2 I am a guy who has had my yeast infection for 2 months. My fiancee gave it to me and I have tried everything I could diligently (except for antibiotics)  including not having sex. So maybe the same can be said about women. Or just u -.-
omg sweety im in the same postion as you. mine comes and goes too i took diflucan and teconazole and monistat everything nothing worked, now i dont have an itch but i have a slight burning in my vulva and it also varies thruout the day,. i go to the doc to do treatments she cleans me with boric acid and then she takes nystatin cream and micanizale 7 and rubs it in there and outside. she told me for home remedies drink lots of chamomile tea and douche with chamomile tea as well. its still burning nothing seems to help and im wondering y i am being cursed like this, i have had this before but it goes away for 3 months then comes back, i think ts my diet too, i love sweets and eat a lot of them im trying to cut down a lot, i dont eat sweet stuff anymore at all only strawberry yogurt but i don't think that really counts. anyway im gonna go ask the doc to take a culture sample when i go on  Monday bec i wa Na make sure its yeast bec i have no discharge and no smell and no itch just burn.
Anybody found something that really works???
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have been struggling with the same symptoms. Did you ever find a way to cure it?
Please or to view.
i have had thrush for over 4 weeks ive had tablets ive had cream tryed yogurt nothing is working i dont have sex as im paranoid cause of it dr aint getting to bottom of the problem the tablets should of cleared it up with in a day and it aint that is rubbish im getting that stage where dont want to be touched cause of it dr is only fobbing me off with cream and more tablets why cant they find out whats really causing me to have thrush for so ,long
I had the same problem a few years ago! Really easy to fix but it took so long to find the solution. I had a six month case of thrush and went to countless doctors to try find why it wouldn't go away. Finally I found a doctor who prescribed me diflucan 50mg which was taken once daily for 2 years (very long I know) by the end of it I had a lot of psychological paranoia thinking it was still there when it wasn't which also really sucked because I forgot what the normal feeling felt like as I got so used to the symptoms being there :( now every time I get a bout of it I ask myself how the hell I dealt with it for six months after 2 days!!!
Please or to view.
I've been dealing with the same annoying itchyness/ redness.  It comes and it goes. I feel like it comes more if my sugar is too high.  Or ate something I shouldn't have.  I feel like when my sugar is under control than I feel normal. I've gone to the Dr and she prescribed me a cream. It helped a little.  I also buy those anti itch wipes and creams from vagisil.
yeast infection are the worst one!!! :(
This seems to be a common problem among females.. I thought it was only me. So far pau d'arco for reducing candida and maca for hormone balance is working for me.. Both are herbal capsules.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.