Yeast infections

Hi.
I would like to ask you for help! What kind of medicine can I take for yeast infections? Can I take Monistat or you can advise me something else?

Thank you!
I'm having the same issue. I don't like Monistat. I've heard too many stories where it doesn't work. I heard that Lotrimin works. But unfortunately, my mom refuses to help me -_-
Hi KaylaMaria25.
I took Monistat before but I took also flucanazole too, and I don't know which were better) I read about diff medicines for yeast inf, but I would like to hear doctor's opinion about it)
I prefer to go to the doctor's and get diflucan.  One pill and done, no annoying creams.
I'd rather use the creams. I'm currently battling an external yeast infection that has affected the top of my inner thighs (where the leg and vulva meet), my vulva and it's creases, lower abdomen and the very bottom of my butt. Also, near my vaginal opening I scratched myself too hard so there's scratches and it burns like a mother when I pee and the urine flows downward onto it. I am on the larger side of the body size scale (about 5'6 and over 300lbs). I was trying to lose weight before this started, but I can't even walk right. I'm only itchy at night and as soon as I wake up, but I also wake up literally every 3 hours scratching. Last night I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep (3am-630am) and finally fell asleep around noon. I have to sleep pretty much in the fetal position, which causes warmth and moisture, even when the rest of my body is dry. I honestly have no clue what caused this, but it's been a month.
Fluconazole 150mg is a one single dose capsule for Thrush which is a yeast infection.  The doctor prescribed it for me as I tend to get Thrush infections after antibiotics.

Don't know which country you live in, but in the UK you can Canesten, Canesten HC and Trimovate.  Some you can buy over the counter, other medications can only be prescribed by the doctor.

If you are sexually active, make sure your partner is treated too, otherwise you just spread it to each other.

Make sure you wear cotton underwear and do not use soaps, bubble baths, shower gels or feminine sprays down below.  This changes the PH level down below and aggravates the condition.  Also don't wear tight clothing like tights or tight trousers.

Thrush can also thrive in skin crevices and also in the mouth.

If you are diabetic, make sure you control your sugar levels.  If not, reduce the amount of sugary items you consume.  Natural yogurt can be applied to the area and is also good to consume as it contains the good bacteria that keep the bacteria that causes the fungus overgrowth under control.

Best wishes.
Thanks! I live in the USA. We couldn't buy fluconazole without prescription( I've tried monistat
You should be more careful! When you try to lose wight, you have to walk more at the first time, but in a few months you will be feel yourself better!)
I need to get to my doctor because what I thought was a yeast infection, now looks more like a severe heat rash/prickly heat. and the discharge I thought I was having was apparently an orgasm  -_-  my body is confusing lol
I took an oatmeal bath around 815pm, got out at 845 and put Jergens Ultra Dry Skin Healing lotion on the red areas and i feel better. The only thing that's really uncomfortable is where i scratched myself.
I have read up on Monistat and you can buy it over the counter as a 1, 3 or 7 day treatment.  It seems to me that it may be a cream or a pessary that is inserted into the vagina.  According to their website, it also comes with an anti-itch cream for external use.

Fluconazole 150mg is an oral capsule that you drink.  Symptoms are relieved a little slower because of it having to get into the blood stream.
The doctor has prescribed a few for me this morning, and I have just taken one because the creams do not seem to be working at the moment.  I will see how it goes and will wait a week to 10 days to see if I need to take another dose.

You may be able to purchase oral medication over the counter that may have a different name, so ask your pharmacist.

Best to see your doctor if you are having a problem.  Doctor's prescriptions are usually stronger than the ones you can purchase over the counter.

Best wishes.
It is very hard to lose weight.  As you doctor if they can help you with this.  

At the weight I am now, I am classed as morbidly obese, and you are a lot heavier than I am.  

There is a mood and weight tracker on this site that you can use to help you monitor how you are getting on.  It is better to lose the weight slowly.  Losing 1-2lbs a week is better as this allows the skin to shrink back slowly.  Make sure you eat healthy meals and cut out the sugary foods and go easy on the fats.  You can access WeightWatchers that give you ideas on what you can eat.  Also watch your portion sizes.

A little exercise every day gradually building it up will also benefit you.  Even a short walk of 10 minutes is better than nothing.

My doctor prescribed with Orlistat, this excretes too much fat that is consumed.  But I am not taking it because I have cut out a lot of fat out of my diet.  My downfall was butter.

As you get older, it is much harder to lose the weight.

Hope you get on OK

Best wishes.