abnormal hair growth and pimples/ acne

I am a 27 y/o female and have had abnormal hair growth on my stomach and chin area the past few years. Also I have suffered from many pimples/acne on my face and other areas

Are these related to some hormonal imbalance and what can be done about them??

One other thing is that for around 5 or so years now I have had large pimple like growths under my arms that eventually burst containing a puss like substance and blood. After they have healed they leave scarring. Doctors have told me they could be removed via surgery and I have had strong antibiotics course previously to remove them but as soon as the course finished they came back

What can be done to make these go away??
Just wanted to let you know that I have this same kind of hair growth on my chin and stomach. I am also 27. I also have not really a bump under my arm, but seems to be more like a hole. If i squeeze it, i do get puss and blood out of it. I figured it was just an ingrown hair or something. Don't know though. I have also, over the past couple of years had a lot more acne on my face. More than when i was a teenager. The chin hair seems to get worse and i have some hair growth on my neck as well. (Not a lot, just a patch or two)I tweeze to try to get rid of as much of it as possible. it seems to be too corse for hair removers to work well. My dr. checked for PCOS (PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome) but I had no cysts so she said that wasn't it... don't know what causes it, but I do know it is annoying. just wanted to let you know that someone your age is going through the same thing, or something similar.
If you are interested in more information about a natural balance for Hormones and/or pure, safe, botanical skin care systems for every type of skin problem, please email me at ***@****

We have many testimonials to share with your types of problems.
Take care
Sorry to ask, but are you both overweight? even slightly???It sounds like you have PCOS and I can tell you losing even 10% of your body weight can make a huge difference. Exercise helps so much even if it's just walking. I to suffer from the cystic yucks in my armpits and even sometimes have large lumps in my groin, the hair growth and eratic periods. Boy I sound like a great catch ROFL!!! But I did join Weight Watchers and lost 30lbs and exercise at least every other day and have seen a huge improvement in hormones! The cebacous(sp) cysts have gone away and belly hair:) seems to not grow as rapidly. SO something to consider...
Around the age of 18 I began getting pimples. I also started growing hair on my face. It has only been getting worse and now I am 22. My doctor tested me for everything in the book. Everything is normal. Dosen't make sense. I have gained maybe 15 pounds since 18, I was considered under weight at that time. I excersize often. I am considered fit. I just do not understand why it only seems to be getting worse.

In the last 6 months I have been under going electrlosis for the hair growth and have scene little to no improvement. I have just recieved my 2nd chemical peel for acne and still have yet to see any change.

The strange thing is, I only brake out on my face. The rest of my skin seems uninfected.

Please let me know if you have learned anything from your own experiences.
i have the same problem. i started getting facial hair and stomach hair lots of arm hair. when i was 11 or 12 around puberty when my daily headaches started. i too have a problem with acne especially on the side of my face and forhead that i never before had. my periods have always been irregualar even on bc pills. so far ortho evra has been doing well. the doctor said since it is transdermal and doesnt have to go through your system  and break down(stomach , liver etc) that the body might be taking in more hormones and regulate it. the only problem still is acne... i am going to see an endocrinologist and hopefully get some answeres
i am eighteen and have also recently had these problems my face seems to be getting worse. it first started when i was about 13 or 14 i just thought it was puberty and began to shave. Now i fear that shaving might have made things worse and have since tried waxing with no or little result i dont know whether i may have a problem or have just caused this myself by shaving. I also suffer from the puss filled pimples around the armpits and groin and have acne which started around 3 years ago when i went through a rough patch of depression. I dont understand its like i just woke up one morning abnormally hairy. i dont know how it got this bad does anyone have any advice on products or tips to make this better ???