aldara

Hi, I was diagnosed with genital warts and given a prescription of Aldara. After using Aldara for 8 weeks or so the warts went away and my doctor said that they were gone and I could stop using Aldara. About a week ago I noticed that two warts were back and my doctor said to continue use of Aldara. I was wondering how long Aldara takes to get rid of warts and when they do go away, how often may the warts reappear? Thanks
i have been recently diagnosed with HPV genital warts myself and recd same prescription. im on week 3 but ive been getting side effects like burning , swelling and new bumps. i just went back to my ob to get checked and now those bumps might be herpes on top of just being told about my hpv. all i can say is keeping using the medications, ive read that it can take up to 16 weeks before they are gone and reoccurunce is likely. but if for one year you dont have any warts ive read that you can than be hpv free.
All treatments for genital warts work about 70% of the time.  Recurrences right after treatment are common.  If your new warts go away with a second course of Aldara and no new ones appear, you're probably home free.  If they come back again, ask about different treatment next time around, such as Condylox, freezing, or laser cautery.

HHH, MD
My best friend actually had the same thing happen to her. She went to the doctor and they actually put some kind of acid onto the warts to get rid of them and that was it. I believe that she went in once a week for a month. She said that the process was not the most comfortable situation but having warts isn't either I'd rather go through the pain and have them gone than the results if the warts was to become worse if never treated. Her doctor told her that the acid is a little painful but she has seen better results with them being removed that way. It has been a year and after the month of acid they still have not came back. See what your doctor says about that.