anemia

I am a 52 year old female. I have been anemic for many years.  I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy which both resulted in a clean record some 4 years ago.  I have had heavy menstrual periods and this seemed to be the contributing factor to the anemia.  However, the periods have subsided greatly.  My main concern is that my Iron Saturation is a 4, Iron Serum is 17, TIBC 453, UIBC 436, Hemoglobin 10.1 (the highest it has been in years.), Hematocrit 34.4, MCV 70, HCH 20.6, MCHC 29.4, RDW 18.4.  My question is should some additional tests be done to discover why the saturation is so low?  This has been low the past 2 years.  In healthcare today it seems that you almost have to direct some of your own care proceedings.  Is this saturation level something that I should be concerned about?  I have read that it could mean that the iron is feeding some cancer or bacteria.  What should be my next step?  I just don't feel well a lot of the itme.
Wondering if you're menopausal?! You may need estrogen especially since you said you've had such heavy periods your whole life. Women have to have estrogen, especially during and after menopause! NOT the synthetic estrogens that contirbute to cancer though, that's what the doctor would give you. Made from horse pee anyway, GROSS!  A simple hormone imbalance can cause you to not absorb or use vitamins/minerals properly. I am on an organic, all natural estrogen treatment for my autoimmune disorder and you just wouldn't believe how many things it's fixed for me, including deficiencies. Take whole food, liquid vitamins as well! We can only absorb about 7% of pill form vitamins, what a waste. I do really well on the liquids and feel soooo much better. Contact me if you want to know more about my estrogen treatment.