bad Breath Question

This is a relationship/sex question.... My husband has had bad breath for about 7 months now. He has excellent hygiene - brushes, flosses, brushes tongue 2-3 times daily. It smells like fecal matter. could the problem be digestive?? We are at a loss.... This is affecting our sex life since I find it difficult to kiss him and be close to him. has anyone else had problems wit this and found help??
maybe he has a dental problem he isnt aware of. maybe he has allergies and drainage? sometimes bad breath can be from a health issue to. i suggest if he hasnt had his teeth professionally cleaned in the past 6 months doing so (brushing and flossing doesnt mean he cant have a problem if he doesnt see a dds regularly) and maybe if he hasnt had a physical get one.
It may also be digestive as you suspected. I've heard that acid refulx and stomach issues can cause bad breath. A friend of mine used to compalin about his breath and the taste in his mouth and found out he had stomach/digestive/acid issues which he had ot have adressed surgically. I've heard a way to tell the difference between a dental issue and a digestive issue is to have your husband breathe strictly out of his nose with mouth closed and if you can still smell odor, then it's more likely coming from his stomach. If it's only his mouth, he could have decay or like pertykitty mentioned, post nasal drip. Dry mouth can also do it as can a severe change in diet, I've heard.
does he have diabetes? People that have diabetes tend to have bad breath!
My husband has acid reflux... id put my money on that.  Before we got his acid reflux under control, his breath was horrible.. it was so acidic... just a raunchy smell.  I couldnt even kiss him it was that bad (just like you).

If he already isnt on reflux medication, try to pick up some Prilosec OTC (i think its a bit expensive) and see if that helps.  If it does, he might want to consider seeing his doc about it and getting something through a prescription which may be cheaper.
No Diabetes, no symptoms of acid refulx, but maybe. We are willing to try anything!
It's called halitosis.  I pasted this for you.

Currently, chronic halitosis is not very well understood or even recognized as a treatable condition by most physicians and dentists, so effective treatment is difficult to find. There are a growing number of bad breath clinics responding to this endemic problem; unfortunately, most are simply outlets for one breath product or another. As with all general-purpose formulations, any one particular product may be effective for some, partly effective for a few, and not at all helpful for others. A very small number of clinics use a detailed assessment process including microbiology to determine the specific type or types of odour-causing bacteria. The specific bacteria are then controlled by individualised treatments. This procedure results in a very high success rate. Some who take a more holistic view of the body, including naturopaths and alternative nutritionists, believe that halitosis can be cured or greatly diminished by improving the overall health of the digestive tract, especially the small and large intestines. This process usually requires a change in eating style, lifestyle, and diet.
I have a coworker with that kind of "fecal breath". He eats tons of red meat. It might be that?
I had chronic bad breath problems, even though I brushed 3 times a day used mouthwash, sucked on breath mints...it was terrible.

I was watching the Today show about a week ago and saw them talking about a product called "Smart Mouth". It is a mouthwash that has 2 separate bottles and you mix them toether before you use it. If you use it twice a day in a week or 2 you aren't suppose to have the bad breath problem anymore, even in the morning time!

I used it and it worked! No more funky breath!!! Please try this and let us know if it works for you. I bought it at Walgreen's (although not all Walgreen's has it I noticed) and it is about $11.

Don't forget to make sure he flosses!!!!

Good luck
A friends husband also had fecal smelling breath too. It was tracked back to drinking coffee. Maybe a certain type of bacteria in his mouth, mixed with the coffee caused the smell?When he stopped drinking coffee the smell went away.Its worth a try.
Alkaline diet!
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6243/How-to-Balance-Your-pH-to-Heal-Your-Body.html
http://www.bodhiyoga.net.au/how-to-alkalise/

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community