A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members
200558 tn?1189759425

birth control question

i have just gone on birth control (lo-ovral) since i am in a relatively serious relationship.  i read in the packet insert that you can have sex without using a backup birth control method like condoms during the week of placebo pills (the week of your period) as long as you start the next pack on time.  it's been about three months since i started the birth control and during the placebo week, we had unprotected sex.  i've done this since i've started using the pill and i always get a period next month, so i'm assuming that the failure rate even after having sex on the placebo week without protection is pretty low.

my question is:  should i worry about getting pregnant if i had sex unprotected on the placebo week and accidentally started my next cycle of pills late or am i just being too worried?

thank you for your help!
3 Responses
you should be fine. The active pills cover you for the whole month. Technically, during the placebo week you should have your period so you wouldnt be fertile anyway.
200558 tn?1189759425
that's what i thought and i figured i shouldn't worry about it, but one of my friends got pregnant while on the birth control pill, so i was just a little worried.  thanks!
even if your on the pill you should always use another sort of protection!! i have known people also who have gotten pregnant while on the pill
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.