bleeding while on the pill

I have a 6 month old little girl and went back on the bc pill about three months ago.  This month, i have started spotting and having all my period symptoms but i'm not due to have my period for another week or so.  I took a HPT this morning and it was negative so i'm wondering, what would be the cause of this?  Has anyone had this happen to them?
These symptoms can be due to intermenstrual bleeding. Causes may be uterine fibroids, miscarriage after a pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, fluctuation in hormone levels, genital infections, polyps, IUD (intrauterine device)use, use of anticoagulant drugs and hypothyroidism.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

Having you been taking the pill as prescribed? Have you missed any pills? If you've missed any pills then that could be the cause. Sometimes the pill just caused random break through bleeding. It can also be a sign that that particular pill just isn't agreeing with you and you maybe need to try another kind. Just keep your eye on it and see if it happens again.
Thank you both for your responses.  I have made an appointment with my doctor for the 18th to find out what is going on.  I DO have hypothyroidism and am on medication for that and have missed a few of my pills for that as well.  So i'm thinking it's going to end up being a couple of things grouped together causing my little situation.