body odor

Ever since having a hysterectomy 2 years ago, I have noticed having a strong body odor along my panty lines.  I have a lot of trouble with hot flashes, and sweating so I'm very deliberate about showering and staying clean, but by mid day, I've sweated so much down there, and already can smell myself.  This is also after using baby powder and feminine deodorant. Does anyone have any suggestions for this bothersome problem or what could be causing it?
I don't have many great suggestions, but I do know that a good idea is to always wear cotton panties.  any other material traps moisture and doesn't let the skin breathe.  Cotton also absorbs moisture so it doesn't stay on your skin creating odor.  I hope this helps even a little!
Maybe it has something to do with your hormones. I would go to the Dr and ask for your levels to be checked.