boil on vagina?

I am 35 yrs old and have only had sex with my husband for the past 9 years. A couple of days I had severe itching on the left lip of my vagina. Now there is something like a pimple but larger. The left lip is hard and has swelled to twice the size of the right. I have tried hot washcloth and also ice. I have gotten some pus to drain out but is still hard and VERY painful. I can haredly walk. I don't have insurance and just had a minor surgery (May 7) to remove a kidney stone. I had a stent in but it has been removed. The area is also very red.The hardness is not round but goes the length of my lip. Could this be a boil, herpes or what?
It is true that herpes can go dormant for a period of time... but 9 years? Unless something has changed. It might be a cause from the minor surgery? It could also be a rubbing thing? Have you done anything different, detergent? etc? If it doesn't change, I'd go see someone about it just in case.
I recently switched bath soap, to antibact. dial. I started running a fever today of 100.9 took some tylenol and is now down to 99.8. There is a small spot that looks like a pimple but everything else around is very hard and burns.
I would definitely make an appt with your doc.  Give yourself some piece of mind and let her/him look at it.
i think its an infected ingrowing hair ! you need to soften it with warm compress enough to remove the head then squeeze out the blood stained goo the hair will come natually then and swelling will go , you may need anti bs though to stop the infection as you have a temp already . x x x
I agree with marra.  It sounds like something I had a couple of months ago.  It was so painful that I could barely walk and it turns out that it was folliculitus (sp?).  Basically an infected hair follicle.  The doctor said it's supposed to pop on its own, but if it doesn't you have to go to the doctor to have it drained.  If it hasn't popped by itself then it's probably not ready (lol) but I tried to get it to come to a head for a few days and it wouldn't no matter what I did- hot washcloths, ice, etc.  I think the best thing to do is leave it alone and it will heal on it's own.  Oh, and if it does pop on its own there will be a big hole, but don't worry because that is what is supposed to happen and it will heal from the inside out.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.
Thanks so much for all your advice. I am still having severe pain. I can't even sleep at night. I am not able to get in to see Dr for another week. The swe1ling has gone down some but there is still a hard place above the drainage area. I have soaked in a hot tub, applied hot washclothes and been using a product called Prid. A couple of days ago a lot of yellow pus came out and than some very white and then blood. Does anyone know how much longer this will take to heal. I am no longer running a fever but can not handle the pain. Just my panties touching hurts like heck!I just put petro jelly on and seems to be easing up. Is that safe?
I too agree with Marra. I get waxed down there, and on occasion I get the same thing. I would get these pimple-like bumps right along the panty line. I switched panties, and it doesn't happen as often. It can be painful, hang in there.
I currently have exactly the same problem. I get them more often than I care to admit. The stage I am in is just prior to it forming a head for drainage, which cannot come to soon. I cannt sit, walk, stand, no panties.  It is an infected hair follicle which became colonized by the Staph bacteria. The Staph was already there however, it being an opportunistic bacteria, waited until you had a skin break to invade. All woman have an abundance of various bacteria living in and on our genetalia.It would frighten you if you knew which kinds of microorganisms we actually do carry in our vaginas, i.e.,  E. coli.  I am sure you are long healed by now, but be aware of the likelihood of your infection reacurring in the same area. Staph seem to always want to reinfect the same tissue each time and it gets easier in some cases for them to do it. Hot/Wet compress, topical antibiotic creams, lots of thick cotton pads! I cannot stress the latter enough as it reduces pain from pressure or touch by atleast 80 %. If you cannot get a doctor to prescribe antibiotics, the best thing is get the puss to surface and drain it good. Drain it really really good and often. Good luck
I have the same thing. Oh my gosh....it hurts so bad. I was able to pop it but I don't feel enough puss came out and it is still just as swollen. If anyone knows anykind of relief besides the hot washcloth..that works but you can't walk around holding a washcloth on your vagina...if I could I would, believe me!!! If there is any way to speed up the healing prosess, please let me know!!! I feel for anyone who has experienced this!! Oh by the way, I have been with my husband and him only for 5 years now. If anyone can help that would be great!!
I have the same thing right now.  I have been with my husband for 24 years so I know it's not sexually transmitted and I know it's not a cleanliness issue.  I was recently sick, had to take antibiotics which lead to a yeast infection and now this.  My immune system is down from this whole process and now I must build it back up.  When i get stressed out, overworked, do not sleep enough or simply eat all the wrong foods this can happen. It all comes down to a weakened immune system.  Ladies we have to take care of ourselves. We can't be super mom or super career woman and not expect it to eventually catch up to us. This will run it's course, but it can be avoided in the future. Take Care of you!
I would have too say a few days ago I felt some itching  on my vagina which i get most of the time but this time around last night i could not sleep it was bothering more whn i got the small mirro and look i saw a red bump and it hurt whn I touched it when i pee and have too clean myself thts whn it hurts.  I jst put itching cream on it or K-jelly so it wont bother me so much depending on wht feels right.  Today I was looking at some medicals books and found inf. on boils so I have put tissue of warm water on it see wht will come out of it.  Thn now looking online for any help wht so ever cause if its somthing simple i rather not go too the doctor.  I'm trying too contol myslf from not touching it.  But if it doesnt go away and still there i would go too a doctor its almost time for my pap test which i hate it everytime. I'm 32  and since i'm not sexual active i can rule out std's.  whtever it is it no fun whn u got somthing on ur vagina and can't sleep well.  I had infections in the past.  But I had too change soaps cause the first one was giving me itching problems so now i'm using hypo-allergenic this one isa new organic kind other thn the reguler hypo-allergenic tht i used before but also bought tht too.  and i had problem w/only one of my underware everytime i use it i get a lot of itching and its the only underware tht give me problem and i wonder if tht caused my little red bump/boil/pimple wht ever  u wnt too call it.  anyone have ideas?
IT MAY BE MRSA STAPH INFECTION. COMMONLY BOILS APPEAR ON FACE, ARMPITS, AND EVEN VAGINA. IF THIS IS THE CASE POPPING IT WILL GIVE YOU SOME RELIEF BUT IT NEEDS TO BE TREATED WITH AN ANTIBIOTIC.  MRSA IS RESISTANT TO MOST ANTIBIOTICS SO YOU NEED TO CK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AND GET SOMETHING STONGER. IF IT IS MRSA IT WILL NOT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN