boil on vagina?

I am 35 yrs old and have only had sex with my husband for the past 9 years. A couple of days I had severe itching on the left lip of my vagina. Now there is something like a pimple but larger. The left lip is hard and has swelled to twice the size of the right. I have tried hot washcloth and also ice. I have gotten some pus to drain out but is still hard and VERY painful. I can haredly walk. I don't have insurance and just had a minor surgery (May 7) to remove a kidney stone. I had a stent in but it has been removed. The area is also very red.The hardness is not round but goes the length of my lip. Could this be a boil, herpes or what?
it would be wise to see a doctor asap. whether you are sexually active or not. no point in suffering and besides what if it is something serious? so do yourself a favor and don't wait.
Im experiencing the same thing that most of you guys experienced. I hate boils specially vaginal boils. Hassle and very painful. Earlier on i thought it was just pimples but as day passes it develops into boils. Im worried now and decided to visit a derma tomorrow morning. This is the first time i had vaginal boils. I felt good knowing im not the only one suffering from this. I really hope the boils will go away soon.
wow what a long post over so many years. Honestly, I have a similar situation but it really doesn't seem to be a "boil" as described here. I have a history of staph infections and the bad thing about it is that once you get one it seems to continue to come back over and over again (MRSA) with no pattern as to how long it stays dormant. Anyway, the dr prescribed a MONTHS worth of Bactrim for my golf ball size "knot" that I have on the lip of my vagina. I really has thought that it was an abscess in the Bartholin's gland there but with this antibiotic prescribed it is specifically for staph so I guess that wasn't it. The soaking and ointment hasn't done anything for me, no head, hard as a rock and I was instructed to use a washcloth to soften it. its been 3 weeks now. if by tuesday nothing has changed, I'm going to the emergency room and have them lance it for me.
My key suggestion here is don't put off going to the dr. Staph isn't something to play with and it seems like most of the cases of these sorts of "boils" end up being staph.
my lip on the right side has been swollen off and on for almost a yr it is not hard and sometimes does seep out liquid. But i have been told if you get it lanced it will not solve the problem cause it will come back so i am not sure what to do. Please post how you made out
I think y'all shld try a bucket(d'size of ur butt) with half filled really hot water, pure in a cap of disinfectant, and some salt then sit on it 4 as long as u can so d'steam can really get into d'vargina but also remember to use a towel. It really helps, after this is done, u may drop some garlic juice on d'surface of d boil.
Hi Everyone!!

I used to get these painful things all of the time. I would seek the advice of doctors and they all told me the same things..."nothing is wrong". THEN I got pregnant. I did not get a single boil during my pregnancy which led me to believe they were developing due to some kind of hormonal imbalance. I don’t know how long it takes for a woman’s hormones to go back to the way they were before pregnancy....but two years after the birth of my child I started to develop them again. This again leads me to believe it is hormonal. Please...to every woman who seems to develop these things on a regular basis please give one thing a try. Evening PRIMROSE!! You can find them at GNC, Amazon, Whole Foods, Target...so on! Take one or two a day (I take two) for thirty days and see how your body reacts. The oil contained in the soft-gel tablets really help to regulate MY hormones. (I hope they do the same for you) I am NOT saying that this will heal the boils that you already have. If you suffer from the boils regularly you should see a difference in frequency after trying Primrose for a period of time.
One more thing...if you develop one that has not started to drain, try patting the area with regular ol' hydrogen peroxide. Key word is TRY. These things hurt like a MOFO when you touch them. But the peroxide really helps to clean the area...and I find that it helps with the pain a bit.
Best wished ladies! We have to keep our girls down there in tip top shape so we scare off our husbands!
Hi!
You sound just like me. I dont know if you are still having the issue but try taking Evening Primrose everyday for a month. You should see a differnce during your next cycle. Best wishes!
i have a swell on my
I am going through the same thing as you . a month ago I had a boil on my upper , inner thigh it got half way down to my knee went to the dr  he had to make an incicsion and pack it. Now I have boils on my vagina had 3 to be exact 1 is gone , the 2nd is going away but the 3rd is very large. I put prid on them and also garlic juice at night, that has helped alot. the pain is very bad and hard to walk and sit. I keep prid or anitbiotic ointment on gauze over them the moisture helps ease the rubbing which is the most painful. hope this can help.
Yes I feel you I have one now and its painfull just got it yesterday n im like in tears.it swollen since lastnight
i have a huge boil on my pubic mound and it hurts like hell!!! can barely walk without a limp, cant wear panties as it hurts, but mine only ever come up wen i have been excercising alot and sweating, i also get wat i class as friction burns along ma inner thigh right on ma knicker line, they generally come the same time as these boils, i only ever get one, ive had it for 2 days now and still no head has appeared. How do i get it to appear so i can put myself out of my misery as it hurts sooooo much!!!
i am so glad to find this page!my problem is similar to the above with hard boils coming out around the genital area.since febr of this year to now i have been struggling to find a solution not just to let the boils go down but to get rid of it completely including the marks.i have visited my dermatologist and gynaecologist, and no treatment worked.i've tried schederma cream,baneocin cream,bactroban %pomad cream along with a whole lot of antibiotic pills.i've tried sitting over hot water with baking soda.there is still itching occurring.currently i have no boils b/cause i am still on antibiotics.after each course of pills the hard boils take a week before reappearing.i've also tried putting vicks with a bandage on but all it does is gather the information making it easier to squeeze out. i've tried showering with bleach in the water but no change even detal.oh i have discovered that this is a skin infection b/cause i did various tests and this bacteria is not in my blood stream.i've pick this up from using the same toilet with an infected person :-(((......
desperately looking forward to get rid of this problem for good.
i forgot to mention that everytime a boil is squeezed it spreads(can't help squeezing.....the swelling and pain is too much!) even on the butt!
People keep saying, "I been with my husband for so many years".....but what is that suppose to mean? You don't no what your husband is doing behind your back, so be careful how you vouch for him. #justsaying
I use hibiclens in those areas too and I find relief from the pain with using Boil ease and black drawing salve (It smells bad) but works wonders. It will come to a head and pop after two applications, usually about one day. Keep gauze in that area because you will need it. I called my doc and he prescribed doxycycline antibiotic. I don't now how this is going to work because I've only been taking it for one day now. But I will let you all know if it does work for me.Just keep the area padded up and cleaned well and discard down the toilet or burn all of the items you use to pad the spot and squeeze out all of the pus until it becomes clear red blood only.  
i have a swallowing thing that looks like boil beside my clitoris,its very painful,i bearly walk nor sit even if i lay down i hv to sprend my legs...do you think appicox bisham can do the magic.....i want to known what the cause and whats the remedy
wow this has been a while.....from my last post i visited another dermatologist and she placed me on another dose of antibiotics for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks....surprisely at the end of that course i bounced all around thinking that i was finally healed from the hard boil break-outs. After 4 weeks to about the fifth week of seeing my skin back to its normal smoothes i notice the break-outs again. Currently i am seeing a herbalist who is treating me for herpes simplex! i don't accept this report........but determine to get rid of this skin irritation i am trying out the herbal treatment! today is the starting of my 4th session of herbal treatment (tablet, oniment, tea bag, lotion) and the is mutliple break-outs.....not as severe as the first. i am so trying to cope with all this.....any help!!!!
***and there are mutliple break-outs
I have had the same its on my left lip anand its so pain full I can't walk I have told my mother and she said its a boil but a other 1 come right next to it and I showed my boyfriend and he said go to the doctors but I'm going to try to drain it some how but I can't move and I don't know what to do I've had sex with my boyfriend for a while now but he's worrying just incase its cancer or something I had the boil and its gotten bigger and more pain comes evan more
I have what seems like a genital boil, but it doesn't hurt....? No pain, just pus and a bump. Anyone have a suggestion? Is it the same as everyone else? Warm cloth and time?
I had a small bump start next to my lip(down there), i thought it could be an ingrown hair. I became pregnant and the dr was down there examing and never said a thing, it increased in size some but my obgyns never said a thing, that was some time  ago, i still have it, nothing was ever said and i never asked. Im scared of what it could be, i didnt know what to do about this since they never seemed worried about me having it. Its not painful but i know its there and im afraid of getting close to someone intimately
I have the same issue and it is really painful and i dont know how much longer it is going to take for the pain to ease i cant even wear undies right now i heard epsom salt with a hot hot bath helps dors anyone know
Thank you for your comment, thats exactly what I'm going thru with right now.  It's on the inside of my lip far inside on the lip and it started oiut small then i realized it was growing and getting hard like a boil...I am using A&D ointment until I get to my MD and it seems to ease the pain but thankfully its only painful if I actually touch it, but washing it isnt so bad either.
Im going through this right now it is very painfulln. Ive drained but now I havebthis bubble type thing .. I've been covering it with bandaids so I could wear my panties.. I've been going through this for about 4 weeks now.. I'm scarred to see my doc.. what should I do
just an update....after using a whole lot of meds my pharmacist suggested that i blend karela the vegetable and drink a snap glass 2 times daily...surprisely this worked.....i have been cured for more than a month now....i still need to find a doctor that would perform an infectious test on me....good luck to the readers!!
Oh wow I'm 20 years and had this thing grow in me since I was like a teenager.
So I told my mom about it, I think I was like 14 and she said I should track when it occurs.
I did this but I didn't understand the point of it all and I continued to have them probably 3-4 times a year.
But now that I'm older I kinda figured that it only ever occurred when I gained weight, during my exam periods or if I have assignments to hand-in and especially if I'm on my periods.
Ultimately I realised I got them whenever I gained a whole lotta weight and by eating junk food.
I won't lie it still bothers me and I've never seen a doctor about it. But really it makes no difference coz I usually diagnose myself for everything.

Thought I'd also share my exprience.
I'm experiencing the same thing, I thought I'd let it heal natrually except its just getting bigger and bigger so I but into something and popped it because I couldn't take the pain anymore, it looks so gross it still hurts how long will it take to heal?? :(
I got a topical ointment from my pharmacists. it smells like a burnt tire, but the swelling was cut in half shortly after appling it to my boil. it's not completely gone yet, but is shrinking with every apllication. only cost $12. you will need pads due to drainage and the cream is blackish brown. It is called Ichthammol Ointment. No perscription was needed, even thouhg the pharmacist keeps it in the back.

I find out that I got mine from bottled water. Whatever they put in it gave me some sort of allergic reaction. I tried distilled water but that didnt work much either. After I stopped drinking those two mine have started to go away.
that's not the matter of sexual intercourse either. i used to get  such boils before marriage as well as now when i am married for 5 years and a mother of 1 boy.  during pregnancy my gynecologist said that its bcoz of heat in the body. but the problem still persists even after 3 yrs. i only try to keep myself clean and when the blisters come (specially 9-10 days after menses) and stat itching very badly, i take a clean needle and try to pierce the blister so that the puss comes out. only then i get some relief. may be we can try increasing the water intake or the last option is to meet the gynech. see you. dont worry.
My roomate's experiencing the exact symptoms with the first complainer. Hope dese suggestion works cos recently, she noticed signs of fever too.
Omg thank u guys so much for this site Ithought it was an std but knew better cause there's noway well on our end we know what we do but we really don't know boutb our partners thank u so much
I have these bumps that are on my vagina only where the hair grows some are big little they itch and bust on their own and blood comes out I always have spots of blood from where they bus and they don't scab its jus a open hole what is it?
I have these little hard bumps down there i cant feel them without touching them they dont hurt at all they dont open up or crust over there jyst there they been there a while i just dont know but i do get a tingle every once in a while some one help me
Omg I'm in the same exact situation! Oh jeez, these boils get painful >.< I would get them and not notice it for probably around 2 or 3 days, then they begin to hurt. They come up about once every 2 months, even if I didn't shave recently. I currently have one that I've been trying to pop for hours because it's irritating, and what makes it worse is that I'm on my period -.- Ughh why is being a female so painful?? :'(
i have the same problem right now..i.have a boil on my left lip of vagina its the first time to have sth like that..at first it was itching and i was during my period so i just thought it might be from using pads but after 2 days i felt that i have sth down with a size of a grape and hurt sooo badly that i couldnt walk..sit or even sleep although i have to go to college for attending my exams so walking makes it even worse.. i cant touch it..i tried using antibiotic but it just hurt even more and its very hard i dunno what to..and u girls are talking about having these things for years? it really freaked me out
Hi Gogo, ever thought of going to your good old doctor, let him/her have a look at it, or if you shaved before this come up could be an ingrowing hair, the little buggers can do that, but just please get to your doctor.
Good Luck
I tried the same mixture and the boil is now draining. It isn't all the way gone but it feels alot better. I am now doing the flour and vinegar paste and i hope to see results in the morning. I used to wear panty liners everyday to and the boil did start around the time i started wearing them everyday. Thank you for enlightening me. No more panty liners for me EVER.
Omg I have the same thing right now and it's huge painful can't hardly walk having to set on a pillow I've tried the hot bath hot wash cloth but not the ice someone please tell me something else that will help please (lol) I'm in miserable pain down there.
Im not sure if I have the same thing or not but it sounds similar. I think mine may have already popped because it has a scab like thing over it, but there are still smaller bumps around the big one? And during this whole time of it being there I have stayed between a fever of 99 and 103, i also have bumps in my throat on the left and right side underneith ny jaw bone and also on the back of my neck it hurts to swollow, yawn, and eat and drink alot of things, i just recently today started have left ear pain, like its clogged. Any answers? ive been to see a doctor twice, im desperate!
I get the same thing way too often. I usually put hot compresses on it and the drain it. I went to the er once and they told me I need anti bs. It can be caused because of an infection in your blood or skin
hi...had tis same kind of boil...and went to doc..immediately.believe me friends..TBACT ointment works ..i gave hot compresses nd then tbact oint ment nd also some anti biotics..and it went...please use Tbact ointment u wont be having inflammation at al..nd u wil be relieved..thanks
I wanted to share this. I had boil too on left lip of my vagina for almost a month.. Then i started to research.. reading lot of comments in diff. websites. Thought its somethin so serious like maybe i have std or somethin.. but after all the research and saw lot of diff pics of boils i convinced, i had boil because of shaving.. lol! But then i panic.. cause its been a month so i operate my own vagina.. I make sure i have everything like needle, alcohol, cotton and of course my hands is clean and the needle is clean too. Then it drain.. first came out is the little yellow part and i notice there's a small hair on it(and it really makes me feel good when i saw that little hair lol cause it means its just a boil) after that its all blood..  Then after 4 or 5 days my vagina looks healthy again.. its like nothings happen hahaha.. Im so proud of my self lol!
I'd like to do what u did but Ian so afraid of the pain.  Was yours like a really hard pimple like thing in your vagina?  When u took the pus out did it really hurt? Cause that's what's scaring me is the pain I may have.
I am a cancer patient so I had did one chemo treatment I got a boil on my vagina lip I used a warm compress twice it wad killing me it was so freaking huge I even feel my other lip n it was discharging some stuff out it the hot compress hurtled a little kuz it was sensitive n hurts but felt good when the heat hit not to hot to where it will burn your skin but it numbed it up so cud sleep. So when I was going to my second chemo session I let my chemo doctor look at it she said it was an ingrown hair and it will bust on its own but I hadn't shaved down there kuz my chemo has me weak n bones hurt n a lot of other things any who. So I got re admitted into the hospital for second chemo and I got into my room I told them about so they can keep an eye on it they but me on antibiotics and it went down and stop hurting me and it went down a lot but the bump is small I can be sexually when I'm not feeling bad or hurting and the same antibiotics they used when I was at the hospital they sent me home with but with us stuggling to get my other meds I had to wait to get them and finally got them yesterday so hopefully they get rid of it completely their called SULFAMETHTRIMETHOPRIM the brand name is called BACTRIM! Ask your doctor about them. It's an antibiotic combination used to treat or prevent infections caused by certain bacteria
Iam so sorry about your cancer I'll pray for u. Is the meds u mentioned otc over the counter I've got a hard boil/pimple like thing in my vagina that's hard and it's very uncomfortable any suggestions?
holy wow all the people experiencing the same as I.. It is so embarrassing to me to not be able to go to work because i can hardly walk. These things are awful and there has got to be something they can do for this... Technology is just to vast for this to be so untreatable.. just getting rid of one isnt good enough for me.. i want this crap gone for good i have been gowing through this for over 15 years same answers different doctor.. stupid meds bathing excessively.. i just saw the tumeric suggestion havent tried it yet.. what i would like to know is what soap should i be using to help prevent this... i know people say anti bacterial but who does antibacterial the correct way..? i was using dial for months at first because it says that but it didnt seem to stop it from happening.. some one help us get rid of this crap for good..
Put a piece  of fat back on it. Make sure you salt the fat back down first .
then put it on the boil overnight. The fat back draws out the the soreness  then you can pop that boil.
BOILS, that is what they are, yes it can also be ingrown hair. Apply hot compresses as hot as you can take it, soak in hot water/1 cup baking soda or soak hot water/ 1/4 cup of bleach this will help with pain. Once you see head, sterilize safety pin and pop it to get it to drain by squeezing as much as you can keep clean with peroxide apply antibiotic ointment and cover with gauze this should keep it draining by itself, continue with this and within 2 weeks it should be gone, if you do get a fever or does no start draining after having it for a week please see MD. Yes very painful but you will live. Good luck please no petroleum jelly,Antibiotic ointment (sold over counter). Wear loose cloth try to air out as much as possible
I&#39;m 40 I have a large boil that burst I try everything went to see my doctor I take antibiotics refuse to get heal inside of left of my vaginal fold any suggestion thank
Tea tree oil also helps with pain and healing.