breast "lump"

My son is almost 7 months old I stopped breastfeeding him at 6 weeks . I recently found a lump about 2 months ago Ive been thru 2 periods with it. I did end up going to a breast surgeon he suggested waiting 3 more months to see if it will go away bc he believes it to be a clogged lobe/duct in the gland tissue(?),  otherwise he will do a breast MRI.  Can milk really linger that long in a lobe if I stopped awhile back? What can I do to make it go away?
How are you? What other symptoms are present?  Breast lumps could be due to cysts, growths or fatty tissues. With regards to lactiferous ducts, aside from milk, it can also be blocked with keratin plug when a woman is not lactating. I agree with your attending physician that monitoring of the lump for a few more months as well as having an imaging study done may be very helpful. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thank you for your reply. What is a keratin plug?
I am ok thank you for asking. I forgot to add to my reply that  recently I have had clear discharge that came  out by itself it only lasted a few days.(* I am no longer able to have children as I have had a tubal ligation and ablation). and I have pain in my shoulder blade but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Again thank you for response