brown discharge for 3 weeks

for the past 3 weeks now ive been having brown discharge. it hasnt let up. i was supposed to have my period sometime last week (it has varied around the 2nd-4th the past few months and before that i usually got it on the 18th). me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex earlier this month but ive shown no other pregnancy symptoms at all. i also have been under a lot of stress do you think that could have something to do with it?? the brown discharge for 3 weeks is making me really nervous and i dont know if that means im pregnant or not? any ideas??
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Well, it's odd for sure and most likely something hormonal could be going on.  Yes, could be pregnancy related so take a test.  Or it could be an imbalance such as producing too much progesterone.  So, first take a pregnancy test and consult your doctor if positive for prenatal care or again, consult your doctor if negative to determine what is going on.  good luck
It could also be a condition called bacterial vaginosis. Which can happen after a pH balance change since you had unprotected sex might be related. You have to see your doctor and get on some specific medications for that. Sometimes it can also start to cause an odor