Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

brown fluid between periods

I had a regular menstrual cycle in June (it came on time, with the regular bleeding and lasted 3 days) but after those 3 days of regular bleeding I kept discharging a thick brown some times also red fluid for two weeks. The fluid stopped as soon as I had sex for the first time in several weeks. While still sexually active the brown/reddish fluid came back the same day I took the last active pill. The fluid continued until my period started. However, that was the quickest menstrual cycle I have ever had; it lasted about one day and all fluids were gone that same day. I also restarted a different type of pills the day my period started. Because my period was so short I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I was fine for two weeks with no fluids at all but then one day I woke up and found I was bleeding like if I were in my period (very red blood), I put a pad on and all I got over that day was the brown/reddish fluid, which has continued for 4 days. The fluid seems to have pieces of tissue on it, it is heavier in the mornings and nights and lighter during the day.
I wonder if I have a hormonal disorder produced by changing pills every other month (I used ethinylestradiol and drospirenone for one month and then norethindrone for two months and then ethinylestradiol and drospirenone again) or if it is an infection or something else? I wonder if I can wait two more weeks to see the doctor or if I should see one as soon as possible?
1 Responses
363281 tn?1518219421
It could be due to the change of the "pill" however, I would try to get in to my gyn as soon as possible, it sounds like this has been going on for some time now, and it is now time to get it checked.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.